Reptile Expo = Bringing home random creatures.

Grin

Arachnoknight
So i'm personally a tarantula lover and that's all i have.
Don't get me wrong i love reptiles and all but my boyfriend and i went to the reptile expo 2 days ago. He's a snake person and doesn't have any cause hes army and lives in the barracks.
Anyways he basically fell in love with all the snakes there and he use to have a red tail.
We came across this little dude/chick. Baby Bolivian Red-tailed Boa (c. amarali) about 12"
Got it at a good deal $150, usually they are $300
It now lives with me & i'm doing a bit of researching on it.
DSCN1269.jpg

applie

Arachnopeon
That's one beautiful red tail!
I picked up a few too many things there :)

Deftones90

Arachnosquire
That's a stunner alright. I don't think i've seen a bolivian I didn't like

angrychair

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I used to have a female red tail boa, she was 7 feet and about 30? pounds, i honestly dont know. She was really tame and docile. She only ever bit me once in defense when I accidently bumped her against a wall as I was walking around a corner with her wrapped on my arm, no pain, just a quick defensive bite, I didn't know she even bit me til I looked and saw the little puncture marks dripping a little blood. I felt bad for, and was totally my fault.

I love pythons a lot. Wish I still had one or two of mine. They just get so damn big, most of them.

That is a really nice looking RTB locale morph. I love the stripe through the eye.

Grin

Arachnoknight
Thanks!

I have seen alot of different red tails before, but this is the first i have seen that was pale & looked like cement.
Not to mention the eyes are pretty crazy.

my boyfriends old snake use to bite him alot. I'm not looking forward to this little guy biting me one day. but if it happens oh well.
I am curious to what hurts more, tarantula bite or boa bite?!

oh and feeding pic today.
DSCN1299.jpg

Walk Alone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've seen that coloring before, and I think they are the most pretty. VERY nice. I am extremely jealous. Congrats!!!

RyanW

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The B.c.amarali have to be one of the nicest looking locale boas in my opinion. I have worked with these guys a little, they seem to be a little heavier bodied than other boas but not to any real extreme. They do get huge by boa standards, but all of mine seem to be a bit defensive in their cage, especially as juvies. Cool snake, way cooler than any color morph boa!

Grin

Arachnoknight
Well from what i read online they also go by "short tail" cause they get up to 6ft but are thicker then other boa's.
I'm not sure if it true.
i pick this one up alot as well, and from what my boyfriend told me if you pick them up daily it keeps them friendly.
i donno about that, has me kinda iffy.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thanks....the pastel has really been coming out since he has gotten bigger..each time he molts he gets more beautiful...

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Beautiful snake!! Love those eyes and that gorgeous coloration.

We recently got a Suriname (Boa constrictor constrictor). She is beautiful, 3-4' length. I'll try to get a few pictures, but she is never still.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, it's hard to leave an expo without something new. Nice boa!