Question for peace of mind

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
I'm ok with th fact that my T likes to burrow and I may not see him for long periods of time,but my question is,if they r sick and die,do the often die in their burrow or do they come to the surface?, so like,if I don't see him for AGES like a month or two should I be worried that he has died? He is only a small baby 4-5 instar and fits on a 5cent coin.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I'm ok with th fact that my T likes to burrow and I may not see him for long periods of time,but my question is,if they r sick and die,do the often die in their burrow or do they come to the surface?, so like,if I don't see him for AGES like a month or two should I be worried that he has died? He is only a small baby 4-5 instar and fits on a 5cent coin.
I wouldnt worry after a month or two if you dont see them.

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
Ok, I guess all I can do is make sure th temp and humidity is right,love him,offer him food and water then let nature do the rest. :0)

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Pretty much. :) You might enjoy checking on him at night sometime with a red light flashlight. I would bet you'd catch a glimpse of him then.

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
I do use a red flashlight for him! But it's out of battery. :0( I saw him today in his burrow and gave him a big fruit fly andhe attacked it but didn't take it, it looked more like a (don't bother me,keep away) attack. He might b comin up to his next Molt. We'll see. :0)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does sound like a molt. I wouldn't worry about a hidden tarantula unless the cage starts to smell...make sure it at least gets chances to drink, though.