Molting question

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Does it look like this is pre-molt? Im new to T's so Im only going on what I've read so far. Its a G. pulchripes. Ive had her a few days now and shes refused food, although it may just be because of a new surrounding. Shes verrry docile , If I were to move her (ive been letting her be though) I would have to push her somewhere she moves very little herself. Lots of web in the tank already just from a few days and I wasnt sure about the color on the abdomin. Also her overall color is pretty dull. The person who sold it to be said that two others about that same size molted a few days ago, wasnt sure if she was due to molt or not.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
I can't be entirely certain by looking at the abdomen, but pay close attention to feeding habits. It's very common for a T to not eat a week or so before molting. Great looking T, by the way.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
I think judging by the dull color and maybe even the black spot on its butt it is definitely a possibility.

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
D'awwww! It looks like my Chaco Taco! :p Though I'd say it's possible... I see a hint of the dull grey-ish coloring on it's butt. But as Popsmoke said, pay attention to it's eating habits also. They won't want to eat and will come off "lethargic" aka they won't move around as much. People who haven't researched/seen a molt before commonly think they're dying, haha, which is an easy assumption to make- but luckily it's just them molting. :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Don't hold your breath waiting for it to molt or eat, for that matter. G. pulchripes can take forever to molt even when it's looked haggard for months. Same with food. The Rocket Man once said, "...and I think it's gonna be a long, long time."

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sweet. Congrats. Just be patient and watch. A molt can take several hours, or can be as short as one. You can place a moist towel over the top to help raise humidity while s/he is molting.