Questions regarding King Baboon

Sardaukar

Arachnopeon
I've had my king baboon, Pelinobius muticus for three weeks now. I purchased (him/her?) as an immature. So far its accepted one food item, and currently has isolated itself in a burrow.
I've used coco fiber as the substrate but have read in The Tarantula Keepers Guide (Schultz and Schultz) that mixing coco fiber with top soil makes for a more stable substrate. My concern is either my T blocked off its entrance or there was a minor collapse. I have since removed some of the substrate to drop to food item in (which it dry bit, refused, and now keeps it company) and to lean on the side of caution. Could anyone shed some light on the situation, this is my first burrowing T-is this normal behavior? And is it normal for them to fast?

Deftones90

Arachnosquire
my juvie seals itself off in it's burrow all the time like that and it's on coco as well. I've had it for a few months now and haven't had any issues. I'm sure if they feel like something is going to collapse they'll get out of there and relocate or something.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Perfectly normal. Even if it was an unintentional collapse, she can easily get back out if she wants to. Just leave her be, and one morning you'll find an elaborate set of tunnels constructed.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
Isn't digging what they do best? Surely you knew this before you bought the T? They can dig up as easily as they can dig down.

happysmile88

Arachnoknight
It'll eat when it wants to and can dig out if it wants too. they also have a tendency to go on long fasts. They're pet holes but when they come out, you'll be like this: