Curse you tarantulas!

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I feel that I might be gone to far into this hobby. And I only have one tarantula. I spend my afternoons looking at tarantula species on the computer, usually while attempting to do my homework. And then I also I get on people cases just for bad mouthing spiders by calling them 'ugly'. And now today the addiction of spiders reared it's ugly head. A girl in my art class had died her hair last month and it had faded. And when the light hit her hair in a certain way I blurted out the words that sealed my fate: 'Your hair looks like my tarantula!' Immediately I was swarmed by the girl and her friends saying stuff like, 'What's wrong with you?', 'Are you trying to insult her?', 'You'll never get a girlfriend!'. To make the story better, you can imagine them all kicking me while I was curled up and sobbing(not really happened, I actually was just being as chill and calm as I always am), 'No, it just slipped out! It's just that her hair is the exact same color as my tarantula!' And so, I had to spend my entire day with that girl glaring daggers at me in every class I had with her. And so, it's all the fault of my friends, who infected me with this sickness. It also through me off stride with the others girls at school, like asking my vegetarian friend if she was eating chicken nuggets from Carl's Jr. In my defense though, whatever she was eating was in a Carl's Jr. container and looked a lot like chicken nuggets.

Either way, -50 social points. And screw you tarantulas. I love you but SCREW YOU.

Now that I have had my rant, has anything like this happened to you?

TB3Redneck

Arachnosquire
Haha Im with you! I have yet to have something like that happen to me, but in class I yell across the room talking to my friend about my gravid G. Rosea, and how my OBT sling is sooo fat, and breeding scorps and stuff :D People look at me like im a crazy homeless boy begging for change -___-

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have never had anything like this happen to me.... I think it might be because I think before I speak... Who knows?

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I have never had anything like this happen to me.... I think it might be because I think before I speak... Who knows?
That's probably it yeah. I don't think I'll be making this mistake again. We all know I will but humor me here. -_-

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I told my fiance my first p.metallica was as pretty as her. I slept on the couch for three days with the enclosure on my coffee table.... Lol

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Everytime I get a package all my neighbors come over to see what it was and the look of disappointment kb there faces when I say it wasnt a spider is priceless.

---------- Post added 10-18-2011 at 07:56 PM ----------

I dont know.... Just sayin

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
That's pretty cool and you are lucky. I wish I had people to show off my tarantula to. No one in my house is to happy about me getting a tarantula. I mean, they tolerate it, mainly because they don't have to see it.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This OP made me smile and thank you, the idea that girls would be kicking you over a thing like that was an amusing thought. :p

I don't get ridiculed at work about it. If I talk spiders, my co-workers pretend to be interested even though I know they aren't. My Mom usually makes jokes about my interest like comparing me to the hoarders and saying I should get a little harness and walk my tarantula outside. *eye roll*

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
Now that's just ridiculous. Who would have the time to dress up a spider in a little harness. And furthermore, where would you find a harness like that. It's just silly.

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Everytime I get a package all my neighbors come over to see what it was and the look of disappointment kb there faces when I say it wasnt a spider is priceless.
I hope someday I have neighbors like that... *dreamy eyed*

This OP made me smile and thank you, the idea that girls would be kicking you over a thing like that was an amusing thought. :p

I don't get ridiculed at work about it. If I talk spiders, my co-workers pretend to be interested even though I know they aren't. My Mom usually makes jokes about my interest like comparing me to the hoarders and saying I should get a little harness and walk my tarantula outside. *eye roll*
I WISH I had a tarantula large enough to put on a harness and take for walks! Granted it didn't stress her... :p

Now that's just ridiculous. Who would have the time to dress up a spider in a little harness. And furthermore, where would you find a harness like that. It's just silly.
Don't deny it! You know if you could, you would... it's okay to admit this. XD

Josh Perry

Arachnosquire
I try to correct people when they bad mouth spiders to an extent. But I have never had something like this happen to me lol. But if ot did happen I would have tried to say " yea it's so silky smooth and beautiful, (just like you) depending on how well you knew the girl. And btw that's not the worst of the T addiction just wait til you starting using them in puns. btw one time i did order an "Extra-vagan-ZZa" pizza from dominos always got the cute lil' guys on my mind. :happy:

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
...Okay fine. If it was safe for the tarantula... And I could find a harness of that size.... then yes. I would. -_- And you all would do the same if you could too.

I try to correct people when they bad mouth spiders to an extent. But I have never had something like this happen to me lol. But if ot did happen I would have tried to say " yea it's so silky smooth and beautiful, (just like you) depending on how well you knew the girl. And btw that's not the worst of the T addiction just wait til you starting using them in puns. btw one time i did order an "Extra-vagan-ZZa" pizza from dominos always got the cute lil' guys on my mind. :happy:
Okay, that's pretty bad.... And by bad I mean off the hook insane, yo.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
You think its bad now, wait till you get more. And I think you will get more.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Oh yeah, I said my cutoff would be 25, when i get my 3 regalis slings from RobC this week, I'll be up to 15. I have no signs of stopping at 25 as it stands now. Maybe 35......lol!

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
See, this is why cutoffs are useless. You say your going to stop at this specific number or date and then next thing you know, your in a back ally shirtless and covered in vomit without any recollection of how you got there. You need someone to enforce your cutoffs. Like maybe a group of friends, a girlfriend, or anyone who has some kind of self control. Which is why my endeavor has been doomed from the start. I'm probably gonna end up waist deep in tarantulas.

Verneph

Arachnosquire
You should have have followed up the comment by asking her for her number. :embarrassed:

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should have have followed up the comment by asking her for her number. :embarrassed:
Ya ? Was she hot ? ?
Goofed there, Forget your Ts at school, Should've told her - your hair looks pretty in the sun . Go from there ... awww miss :/

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
See, this is why cutoffs are useless. You say your going to stop at this specific number or date and then next thing you know, your in a back ally shirtless and covered in vomit without any recollection of how you got there. You need someone to enforce your cutoffs. Like maybe a group of friends, a girlfriend, or anyone who has some kind of self control. Which is why my endeavor has been doomed from the start. I'm probably gonna end up waist deep in tarantulas.
Yeah, unfortunately I've gotten my boyfriend and my bestfriends more and more into T's... so it's inevitable that I'll have quite a collection of Ts in time. Dun dun dunnnn!