How long have you been keeping tarantulas?

RyanW

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have been keeping tarantulas for a while but not in large numbers. I have always had one or two because I keep and breed a large number of reptiles, and in all honesty they are not a very demanding pet. It has only been over the past year that I really jumped head first into keeping a large number of tarantulas. This seems to be a trend in this hobby. How long have you been keeping tarantulas?

Ryan

Salmon.JPG
Salmon Pinks about to get down

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I have been keeping tarantulas for a grand total of 9 days. And have enjoyed almost very single day of it.

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Just since the summer this year and I'm already at 21 T's a lot of which are slings, the rest juvenile/sub-adult. They're fascinating, enjoyable and very addictive!

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
I inherited a 14yr old G. rosea 3 wks ago and now I have a B. smithi. Hobby gets you quick. So 3 wks for me.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
A month here. Wish I'd have started sooner, this is a very rewarding and enjoyable hobby, although I don't like to think of it as a hobby. I tend to think of it as an experience to learn and care for one of the most interesting, and beautiful creatures walking, or climbing this wonderful world.

Ran

Arachnoknight
Since the early 70's....yeah, I'm an old fart! But, I now care for 15 T's...the most I've ever had.

RyanW

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have had them off and on since 1992. That feels better than saying 19 years. I got my first Rose Hair in 5th grade.

I forgot to put that in the original post.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
8 years, with 5 years being mostly rosehair, centipedes and native spiders.

TB3Redneck

Arachnosquire
I've been keeping them since June 18 last summer :D I've got 12 right now, but im always looking for more ;)

JasonCrowl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have had T's since 1992. VERY addictive, and own 13 now, no room for more.....Absolutely love the hobby.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i kept them off and on since 1999, and 2 years ago i really plunged in, and now im a little over 100 T's, and many many more to come..

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
i have been keeping T's for about a year. but i had a avic avic about 15 years ago. i have 7 T's now. 2 G. pulchripes sling and MF, L.p. 3/8 sling, obt sling about 1.5", H. lividum 2", avic avic 3", and a G. rosea 2"