Holy crap help plz

Mjolnirrage

Arachnopeon
I NEED YOUR HELP... G ROSEA ASSUMED TO BE CB JUST LAYED AN EGGSAC, I opened it to find eggs instead of rocks and dirt, do I put the eggsac back in with her or try to create a mechanical mom to turn the eggs. First time T father. Hole is medium sized.

Mjolnirrage

Arachnopeon
Yes. I removed it and put it back roughly half an hour ago. I bought her from an exotic pet store that told me she was CB but now says that any adult they get are WC imported. effin liars did that just to make a sale.

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 11:31 AM ----------

I also opened to view that it was eggs and not dirt as I have had her for 4 months +

captmarga

Arachnobaron
You say you put it back, but apparently didn't close up the hole. 1) if she accepts it back, she will rotate it. 2) eggs will fall out and moisture will be lost as she does this.

You'll either have to close the hole and hope she takes it back again, or incubate it.

Marga

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Tarantulas can lay an infertile sac. They call 'em phantom sacs.
Your rosea is almost certainly WC.

Typically you wouldn't open an eggsac unless it is several weeks to a month old and you plan to pull it.
Any excessive disturbances may cause her to eat the sac. Pulling, opening and returning a sac is beyond excessive.

Your best bet if you want to hatch them would be to incubate them manually. You will need a mechanical mom if it is even still viable, as eggs this young will need agitation. If it were me, though, I'd just let her eat it.

Mjolnirrage

Arachnopeon
I was thinking of taking them out of the egg sac and making the incubator that robc has. (Stocking covered bowl of water). and letting them be. does a eggsac this young need to be rotated or anything?

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 11:45 AM ----------

If it were me, though, I'd just let her eat it.
Why? Because they might be phantom eggs?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Yes, and also because you may have already sealed their fate when you opened them immediately after it was layed and gave them back to her. If the eggs were still wet/in liquid, robc's incubator won't help you, you'll just end up with some dead eggs.

So you can try, but the outlook is not so good:
Leave it with her, and she'll eat it, or rotate it until eggs/liquid fall out.
If you take it back, close the hole, and give it back and leave it with her, there's a good chance she'll eat it.
If you decide to incubate them now, there's a good chance they'll die.
There's also a chance they're not fertile to begin with.

So personally, if I did that, I'd just let her have it until she eats it. I mean, you are probably screwed anyway, but she can at least have a good meal. But that's just me.

Oh, for future reference, tarantulas generally don't wrap up and care for sacs of rocks and dirt.:giggle:

synyster

Arachnobaron
I was thinking of taking them out of the egg sac and making the incubator that robc has. (Stocking covered bowl of water). and letting them be. does a eggsac this young need to be rotated or anything?
Am I getting this wrong or did you pull the eggsac out after 1 day or so? If you did, it's most likely they will never reach post-embryo.

Refer to above. As hobo said, it was excessive.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
No biggie, if you made a mistake, you made a mistake, they happen in life from time to time. Like hobo said, you can let her eat it, or try and incubate it. I would like to think i'd try the incubation, but i'm not very experienced at this aspect of keeping Ts, so I'd probably let her eat it.

Mjolnirrage

Arachnopeon
Again, I was NOT intentionally breeding her. I got her from pet store that assured me (as I have been a customer with them for 10+ years) that she was CB. I got her 4 months ago and had no clue in my mind that she was gravid. As I have already agitated her beyond the point of return I'm just going to put the sac back and see how it plays out.

Also the whole rocks and dirt thing was something I saw on Robc's channel, I believe he had a T that layed an eggsac full of rocks and dirt. HAD I KNOWN THAT SHE WAS WC FROM THE BAT I would not have even dared touch the sac, but a pet stores simple lie is what caused me to take it out. Rest assured that they have lost a well paying, as well as constant customer. Hoping for the best from the mommy, but nontheless it was a pleasant surprise.

Now that I know shes a female (as I didn't before today) I'll find a MM and start breeding in the months to come. How long should I wait before I try to breed her?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I'd wait until after her next molt.

Minion

Arachnopeon
Again, I was NOT intentionally breeding her. I got her from pet store that assured me (as I have been a customer with them for 10+ years) that she was CB. I got her 4 months ago and had no clue in my mind that she was gravid. As I have already agitated her beyond the point of return I'm just going to put the sac back and see how it plays out.

Also the whole rocks and dirt thing was something I saw on Robc's channel, I believe he had a T that layed an eggsac full of rocks and dirt. HAD I KNOWN THAT SHE WAS WC FROM THE BAT I would not have even dared touch the sac, but a pet stores simple lie is what caused me to take it out. Rest assured that they have lost a well paying, as well as constant customer. Hoping for the best from the mommy, but nontheless it was a pleasant surprise.

Now that I know shes a female (as I didn't before today) I'll find a MM and start breeding in the months to come. How long should I wait before I try to breed her?
My G. Rosea laid an egg sack almost a year after I got her. I removed it and determined that the pet store she was bought at had purchased her from an individual who had caught her in the wild. I had never heard before reading this thread today that they can lay phantom sacks. At the time it happened to me I was not prepared to try and see it through. I would be inclined next time to allow it to run its course but being as unprepared as I was it would not have been a good idea I don't think.