Moray eel "attack"

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Whoa, watch your peter! Great footage, makes me want to take up diving.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome! i love it,yeah they are beasties,i keep greens and spotteds and they have no fear what so ever,but seeing them in the wild............that's where it's at.

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They're impressive creatures. I'm surprised they were out and about so much. I assumed they stayed mainly amongst their craggy coral/rock homes.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pavel: They usually are. I was very surprised to see them this active as well, this early in the day. That being said, they go all over the rocks at night poking around for injured fish and other goodies.

zonbozovi: This was simply snorkeling-you can see how shallow we are in the beginning clips.

beetleman: Yeah-they are usually somewhat shy and retiring, although not fearful at all ,especially during the day. However, come nightfall and they come out and start to hunt.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've heard of at least a few places in SD where people feed them regularly so assertive behavior doesn't surprise me. Their is at least one report of some guy getting a finger removed by a particularly large individual spinning it off.