Rest In Peace Stacy

DannyH

Arachnobaron
She was my first tarantula, and I loved her more than I have ever loved a pet. I remember first opening her deli cup, and having her crawl on my hand, tame gentle. I would spend hours watching her dig her hide, web around, and just be perfect. I was suprised she was not as colorful as the pictures had shown, but she was still beautiful. It is my fault she died, I left her too close to a window, and she dehydrated. I found her this morning out of her death curl, but immoble. I dripped water into her mouth, but no sign of life, and no heart beat. I will never, ever forget her. I love and miss you, Stacy.

2011-07-15 16.25.22.jpg

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I am sorry for your loss, it's tough to lose one. Can you get a better picture of the abdomen? It doesn't look dehydrated from that picture. Keep in mind never to dispose of a "dead" spider until it smells.

DannyH

Arachnobaron
I won't, but I'm pretty sure shes gone. That pic is from when I first got her, and I'm not complestly sure if it was dehydration because ehr abdoman was just like that, btu I shouldn't have left her in school over the week end, I was careless and just assumed she would be fine.

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
I don't think her death was any fault of yours DannyH. It sounds like you did everything right and to the best of your ability with your T.

Sometimes these things just happen :( And, it sucks :( One reason that Ts have so many babies per sac is to raise the chances that some will survive to maturity... Many will not. Even in captivity, there are things out of our hands that can happen.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and you are in my thoughts.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
This is the foundation of Darwinism, or natural selection, ie "survival of the fittest."

I don't think her death was any fault of yours DannyH. It sounds like you did everything right and to the best of your ability with your T.

Sometimes these things just happen :( And, it sucks :( One reason that Ts have so many babies per sac is to raise the chances that some will survive to maturity... Many will not. Even in captivity, there are things out of our hands that can happen.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and you are in my thoughts.

NickC4

Arachnosquire
Sorry man that's Tough to lose a T. Some people say "it's just a spider" but I know it was more to you. Thankfully I havnt lost one yet but I have lost another pet. I love any spider that doesn't try to kill you when you get near it. (like a pokie)
Sorry for your loss
Nick