Another sad day

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last night when i got home at about 9pm I immediately checked on my tarantulas (as i always do) and came too see that one of my Holothele incie subadults was in the death curl completely stiff in the centre of its cage. It ate about 1 week prior substrate is damp and walls are misted twice a week, there are two living inside the cage and i saw no signs of foul play between them (they are 1" each and live in a 5 gallon with plenty of hiding spots.) Im just trying to make sense of it.
1.) likely cause?
2.) should i remove other subadult?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my little incei last year.

No way to tell why it died. Temp? Too hot? Too Cold? Near a window?

If the temps are right, you don't have mold or fungus in the sub, it's up to you to put the other in a clean new home. I personally probably would, just to make sure it wasn't something in the substrate.

I'm having little mold blooms pop up in one area of my room (none in other portions!) so I'm doing a lot of precautionary rehoming lately.

Good luck,

Marga

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. It may not have been anything you did, you never know how healthy they are. I get little mold popping up too, I just remove it and it's never caused a problem. I'm feeling sad today too. My little a. avic, Sofi, I had since a teeny little sling is now in a death curl. She turned out to be a he and had his last molt months back. It has been hard to watch him slowly die. :( RIP little ones. Yours, and mine.

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yah, i moved the other, i couldnt find any signs of mold or mites but i had an issue with mold in my G pulchripes bone dry enclosure of all places about 2 weeks ago(she likes to hide food under water dish apparently)
Always makes me feel terrible that i was the cause of death for the lil critter. Hopefully the other will carry the legacy for years to come.

DannyH

Arachnobaron
I'm so sorry Lucas. :( It was may not have been your fault, T's just sometimes die.