Waaaaait a minute

Transient

Arachnosquire
Look at the following wikipage and tell me if you see something strange.

:laugh:

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You mean besides spelling "arachnids" as "aracneds"? I'm looking at it on my phone and can't see it too well, but that jumped out at me. Is that 80% female thing correct? I have a mature male just doing time that no one was interested in.

Transient

Arachnosquire
The last two sentences say, "The male aracneds are worth c. $60, the females offspring are most likely to be 80% female. therefore females are worth at most $20-$30."

It's like someone wrote it to show it to a seller so they could get a lower price, but failed along the way.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
or a seller wrote it to sell his MM to someone.

"See? Even wikepedeia says their worth more than fenales!"

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hence the reason I cringe anytime I see someone citing Wiki as an information source. So many people assume that if it is on Wikipedia it "must" be true. :sarcasm:

Transient

Arachnosquire
I love stumbling upon little gems like this. Or when people make entire pages that aren't true.

Tarantulas are born 50/50 male or female right, or is there a higher ratio of males?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I love stumbling upon little gems like this. Or when people make entire pages that aren't true.

Tarantulas are born 50/50 male or female right, or is there a higher ratio of males?
I think it depends on the species.
I read that GBBs might have more males than females in a sac.