pregnant?

blackhawk1

Arachnopeon
I breed my 5yr old Chaco Golden Knee 3x over a 2 week period. It has been 4 months and still no egg case, she has not eaten in the past 3 months but looks very healthy, abdomen size is quite large, and very lethargic. Is all of this normal? Everything I have read says she should have made her egg case by now. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

George

captmarga

Arachnobaron
All normal. A pulchripes can be gravid for many months - I've been told up to a year. Just keep her as normal...water, food as she would be fed regularly. Then wait...

I'm at the same stage - two successful insertions, big female Chaco. She just sits in her cork round....

Marga

spiderperson123

Arachnopeon
Same thing happened to me but with my rose hair i bread her in December about 5 times but no sign of anything shes really healthy also

wandas12

Arachnopeon
Don't worry my chaco took 7 months and 7 days and i thouht that was early. My girl looked after the sac a bit too well and started to starve herself and her abdomen became quite shrivelled, But from what i have read as long as its over 30 days it should be ok to incubate so we pulled it on day 33. They aren't ewl's yet but getting there as they are really slow growing. But anyway keep offering food and femoving it if she doesn't want it. Also caution with her water bowl if she has one as they can decide to drop the sac in it so just keep an eye on her and very good luck. :)

blackhawk1

Arachnopeon
Thank you all very much for the useful information! Up to a yr kind of concerns me, she is due to molt 2-2012, hope she makes her egg case before then, from what I understand the pregnancy will be aborted if she does not lay before her molt. I'm still learning....

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
she is due to molt 2-2012
There is no way to predict that she is "due to molt" in february 2012. That would be a guess based on past molts, AT BEST, but she is not "due" to molt then. Many factors contribute to when and how often they will molt, and no, if she molts before laying a sac, then you won't get a sac.

Did you pair her fairly soon after her last molt? That's important to try and help avoid them molting out before laying a sac.