ID needed

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i know this isnt where to post this, but wanted to add more than 1 picture to help this...i got a couple T's in a trade today, and one was labeled chilean copper, the other trinidad chevron....well the first pic is the one labeled trinidad chevron, but i think its the Paraphysa scrofa, and the second one is the one labeled chilean copper, but it doesnt look like Paraphysa scrofa, looks kinda like a juvie LP or something....they are both about 4"..any thoughts?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
i know this isnt where to post this, but wanted to add more than 1 picture to help this...i got a couple T's in a trade today, and one was labeled chilean copper, the other trinidad chevron....well the first pic is the one labeled trinidad chevron, but i think its the Paraphysa scrofa, and the second one is the one labeled chilean copper, but it doesnt look like Paraphysa scrofa, looks kinda like a juvie LP or something....they are both about 4"..any thoughts?
The second looks Like Phormictopus to me.
Later, Tom

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
it does have a little bit of somewhat greenish tinting to its carapace...i compared it to my juvie LP about the same size, and thats definitely not it..Phormictopus? i dont know anything at all about that genus....hmm...
The second looks Like Phormictopus to me.
Later, Tom

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First one looks like my Paraphysa.... For the second, I agree with Philth on Phormictopus.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Whoever labeled that first spider as P. cambridgei needs to have their eyes examined. :o_O: I agree with the identifications

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well thats what they were sold to the guy i got them off of....he didnt know enough about them....and as far as Phormictopus, any ideas on species? all i can find pics of are the cancerides...anyone have any pics of some that are about 3 1/2-4" of any of the species? thanks for everyones help..
Whoever labeled that first spider as P. cambridgei needs to have their eyes examined. :o_O: I agree with the identifications

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thanks...i still cant tell much from that though...i have no idea where to look for absence of hairs and everything..but the pics of the spermethacae might be the key...as soon as i get a molt, then i will hopefully be able to get some close pics, and compare them to the ones listed on there..thanks man
Here's a page with some descriptions of various Phormictopus species:

http://www.theraphosidae.cz/articles/artphospcuba.htm

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well this really sucks...i had my little Phormictopus housed in one of those snake cups they have at reptile shows..cant remember what they are called...and i guess the lid wasnt as secure as i thought..she got out, i looked and looked...then about 2 days ago, i found a little peice of abdomen that was slimy..i think maybe a mouse got her.....