Do you every get bored?

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
So do any of you guys get bored of this hobby? I personally have kept many pets Fishes, shrimps etc. But they all didnt last as long as my Ts scorps and Pedes, which is ard 1yr. I am afraid i might get bored of this hobby and i cant afford that right now, too much money to go back. How do u guys re-ignite ur passion for these beautiful animals? Please do share :) Ps, i am bored, not of the hobby, just bored, thats why i posted this thread, Dont beat me up for this :}.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I personally- keep them as entertaining captives, so I'm not really bored ever.
I see how this can become consuming because of availability, ease of care, and for whatever reason 1-2 just won't due.
I think you thrive on new ..- everything ! once it's lost appeal you move on to something different ? right ?
I believe putting what you have in perspective and spare time for new ... whatever- sports, bars etc .... then you won't have the excuse/worry of boredom .
(if I seem presumptuous or to serious, sorry I'm playin on the comp after a long shift / no sleep so. )

goodoldneon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I’m not going to do as requested, and suggest ways in which to keep that spark alive, in fact, I agree with you, T’s are boring – extremely so. I mean, it wouldn’t be too difficult to set up an enclosure full of rubber spiders and still receive the same level of enjoyment. Maybe just move them around every once in a while, refill their water bowl every now and then and throw in the occasional cricket. Not only would you save yourself (a very small amount) of money, moving the rubber spiders around would probably provide a greater level of enjoyment and actual interaction than a real T. You could, of course, dress them up in little costumes, wigs, etc – roleplay if you will. Maybe even start seeing other tarantulas.

Or, and this is what I really prefer and is sort of my point, you could just give them to me.

Ryancw93

Arachnopeon
I only own 2 and I am never bored of them.. If they are getting boring for you, maybe you should not be in the hobby.. Have you ever held them? If not, I am sure that will be very interesting for you. I am way too busy to stare at them all day to get bored anyway. Maybe you should find another hobby along with this? you cannot stare at a spider all day everyday and be interested..

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Well this turned out pretty bad. Im not saying im bored, im just asking if anyone has ever been bored before and had their passion relived, i dont know why u are suggesting i should get rubber spiders cos that was really uneccessary. I love these animals since i was young until now, i will never get bored., in fact, i am going to order a couple more scorps and Ts. And yes, i do stare at them most of the time when i am free and i dont get bored. I love watching what they do, digging, eating, drinking, cleaning, even hiding. I also, of course have other hobbies.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
I have 12, soon to be 15 Ts, I typically do some sort of maint daily, if not for my Ts, my feeders. I never get bored of them, I do what i gotta do, then play a little xbox! I'm 34, married and usually have alot to do anyway. How many Ts do you have? There are always a few I GOTTA have!

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
I've kept freshwater tropicals 29yrs now - since I was 12yrs old, I've gone through fits and starts of enthusiasm with them, mainly depending on space and money, but never got bored as such.
Right now with the spiders and still being fairly new to it, I'm overflowing with enthusiasm to the point it's costing me a small fortune :D My wife's commented that it's nice to see me taking such a keen and ongoing interest in something new, unlke my venture into Geocaching which I still do but don't make any effort on a regular basis.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
I have 12, soon to be 15 Ts, I typically do some sort of maint daily, if not for my Ts, my feeders. I never get bored of them, I do what i gotta do, then play a little xbox! I'm 34, married and usually have alot to do anyway. How many Ts do you have? There are always a few I GOTTA have!
I only have 3 ATM, 1 passed away. I see them not as a daily chore but as a responsibility and to the extend of a companion. I bought these guys, so its me who must take care of them, i cant abandon them. I would rush back home to check if everything is ok with them. I am going to order more when i get more money, plus none of the ones i really craved for have popped up yet :).
I've kept freshwater tropicals 29yrs now - since I was 12yrs old, I've gone through fits and starts of enthusiasm with them, mainly depending on space and money, but never got bored as such.
Right now with the spiders and still being fairly new to it, I'm overflowing with enthusiasm to the point it's costing me a small fortune :D My wife's commented that it's nice to see me taking such a keen and ongoing interest in something new, unlke my venture into Geocaching which I still do but don't make any effort on a regular basis.
29 is a very long time! Great job! I also kept freshwater fishes when i was very young, but i stopped now as i dont have the space for a nice tank set up, and also a really good set up to keep and maintain healthy fishes would cost a lot of money, but i still have a small tank filled with shrimps, which have bred on their own for me :). . Im still enthusiastic about keeping inverts as i first started with a WC scorp, the feeling of excitement as i overturn a log just to find myself a beautiful animal, which is still alive right now :).

morg59jeep

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just get enough T's that you have molts every few days. Its exciting. I wake up every morning and scan for them. I only have 29 and they keep me busy.

jim777

Arachnosquire
Take up karate :) It won't diminish your love for your T's and T's in general, and it will fill up some of that bored time. Besides, 5 years will go by anyway, why not come out the other end with a black belt?

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
There is always something new to learn about T's. So far in my short yet fascinating T ownership, I found that these boards do a great deal in keeping my interest peaked and also simply looking for new species I've not heard of yet. Reading about others experiences is great for me and gives me something new to look for in my T's all the time. If the interest or motivation aren't there, you may have to find something that keeps your interests more. As usual, buying more T's is a great solution (if your willing to care for em). No two T's are the same especially different species. Whats to get bored of? LOL

sebeed

Arachnopeon
if you find them boring then stick to spiderlings, the way i see it everytime they molt its like having a new tarantula. I've had pet rats and hamsters, etc, and i find my tarantulas more entertaining than them

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have been keeping T's for about nine years now. I have ranged from over 30 different species to about 5, anywhere from 30 adult females to 500 including slings. I am now down to about 5 adult females and 14 slings. Tarantulas have sort of fallen in interest for me and roaches are my main interest right now. I have about 18 different species of roaches. I think I will always have some kind of bug or other and I am always researching and learning more about them. I probably will always be in the hobby in one way or another.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Thanks guys, I currently have 1 T a few more molts to adult im guessing and 2 slings. I am currently reading up on the taxonomy on inverts because it is so interesting. But of course, i am going to have to get mroe Ts. 3 just isnt enough :). When i was a child, i didnt think there was a hobby like this that existed, now that im in it, im not going to get out of it for a long long time :).