I'm trying to find ...

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are there any dealers selling Megaphobema robustum spiderlings? I've checked Swifts, Anastasia, KentheBugGuy, the For Sale/ Trade forum....just about everywhere. Adults are out there, but I can't find slings!!! Does anybody know who, if anyone, has these now?? Thanks!

-Venom.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
As someone who has one, I recommend you just buy yourself a container, fill it with dirt, and dig a little hole. There you go - instant M. robustum! {D Just teasing. ;) I haven't seen many for sale myself, but good luck with your search!

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really? They burrow that badly? I thought the adults were more-or-less an above-ground opportunistic species. Is it mostly the slings that dig? I'm wanting this for a display tarantula...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I have an adult/sub adult and I haven't seen it since it had dug down, about a day after I brought her home. I've also read from multiple sources that they are burrowers.

Interestingly, she usually sits backwards at her burrow entrance, butt out. She ambushes prey by running backwards!

IMO, not the best show species, but still worth having if only for their quirky habits and interesting proportions.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I haven't seen any spiderlings of these either, just adults and I don't buy those. Are they hard to breed?