Halloween & Ts

TheEighthDay

Arachnopeon
Anyone else have Halloween costumes related to their Ts?? For example- I found a Little Miss Muffit costume (lol)... LOVE HALLOWEEN! :laugh:

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
Oh I am LOVING all the spider stuff for sale!!! I have bought spider cups, bowls, stickers... It's like spider appreciation month (even if they are using them to be scary...)!!!! I didn't have any spider stuff in my house, now it will look like it's always Halloween... well, to anyone who isn't into spiders ;D

TheEighthDay

Arachnopeon
HA! I did the same thing! At Petco they had spider squeaky stuffed animals for sale- no kidding, it's my dog's favorite toy now.

I dressed up as Little Miss Muffet and brought my pinktoe out for the contest. We won 3rd prize :clap:

smoothie4l

Arachnopeon
I'm not shure if my costume will be spider realted but i am loving all the spider jewlery here there and everywhere XD, but i was thinking of just walking around with my ball python shure of being able to scare someone but docile so the kiddys can pet him.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Not just Hallowe'en. We're working on Spider Princess costumes for my co-workers two little girls.

As for me, I went to the Midwestern Haunt Convention in June. (I work at one of the largest Haunt parks in Texas as a makeup artist and a greeter for one of the five houses.) They (MHC) have a masquerade Ball in the evening. I went as the Spider Queen. Skirt was purple with black spiderwebs, black leather corset, purple top hat with black and purple tarantula. I painted two Ts on my face and, er, collar. Spiderweb arm warmers. Spider earrings... yep, the whole nine yards!

Marga

haunt_ball.jpg

Attachments

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
no but i bought a porcalin skull for my gbb. i got pics of her on it. and a skeleton body for my obt. gotta get pics of him crawling on his "victim"

vickywild

Arachnoknight
I love this time of year, there are so many spider-related items out there xD. It was my boyfriends birthday last week and I got the job of getting the cake, so I picked him up a tarantula Halloween one aha. Told him it was from me and the children (the spiders.)

Walk Alone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This isn't costume related, but one Halloween it was unusually mild outside - around 70 degrees. Target had party favor plastic spiders with webs. The webs were blue, green, pink - all colors. There were like 50 little packs of spiders with webs for a nominal price.

On Halloween, I sat on my porch with a bowl of candy. A rosie sat in her tank with the bowl of spiders next to it. The kids got a kick out of that. :)

I wish the weather was that warm more often.

---------- Post added 10-26-2011 at 08:03 AM ----------

I painted two Ts on my face and, er, collar.
You painted those??? God, I'd get so confused using a mirror and trying to paint something like that. Super job!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
This isn't costume related, but one Halloween it was unusually mild outside - around 70 degrees. Target had party favor plastic spiders with webs. The webs were blue, green, pink - all colors. There were like 50 little packs of spiders with webs for a nominal price.

On Halloween, I sat on my porch with a bowl of candy. A rosie sat in her tank with the bowl of spiders next to it. The kids got a kick out of that. :)

I wish the weather was that warm more often.

---------- Post added 10-26-2011 at 08:03 AM ----------

You painted those??? God, I'd get so confused using a mirror and trying to paint something like that. Super job!
I wish I were home for Hallowe'en... I'd have Ts with webs and such. I used to be able to do that. Now I work at a Haunt and I'm there instead.

Thanks! I used to face-paint more often. I paint fairly frequently, but reaching across in a mirror can be off-putting. "No, the LEFT side"... that is your left... overreach... I guess it took me about 20 minutes to get them done the way I wanted. They are gouache (opaque) watercolor. They stayed on all night, and I got stopped for lots of photos. Most people went with gory and zombie, though there were some great old-school type costumes. I was the only one covered in spiders, though!

Marga