i got a question

arhamy

Arachnopeon
my g rosea i rescued from petco. i feed it a cricket a couple days ago. and it hasnt actually ate it its been carraying it around and webbed the entire bottom of its tank. I know the cricket is still alive because its still kicking any answers.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
I have an answer and a question. Answer: DO NOT BUY T's FROM PET STORES. Question: Where did you buy those super-crickets?

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Aaawww, cute, it's got itself a whittle snuggly wuggly pet, it's going to hug it and squeeze it and call it George...

Not seen that with any of mine yet (though I've yet to own a Rosie), they either eat them; ignore them; or kill and abandon.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
+1 on the fang checking.

Can you post a photo? Different webs mean different things and a photo may be able to help people answer your question more accurately :)!

arhamy

Arachnopeon
Its got fangs he/she tried to tag me today when I change its water out and I got a good look. The web was all over the floor but now its rolled it up like a hay bail. And the cricket was running around this morning so I took it out.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
Shes maybe just not hungry :).

Give the cricket to my birdeater if you want, it eats every bloody thing.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
how deep is its substrate, and does it have a hide? i used to have a t that webbed up its hide and rolled out dirt (looked like rolled up carpet). it eventually just dug a slope like hill in its hide... idk about your t with the cricket but spiders do weird stuff all the time. sounds entertaining

deadly_elegance

Arachnopeon
I own a Rosie that I raised from sling, she's 6 years old now, when she reached her 3rd year, she only eats right after a molt, then when she's full she doesn't eat until she molts again, my Rosie hasn't ate a single roach in almost a year now, I' try to feed her once a month tho,just give her water and she will be fine.