Getting an A Versicolor...

HawtDawg

Arachnopeon
Hey, I've had 6 terrestrial Ts and 2 scorpions in my collection at the moment, and I'm thinking of getting my very first arboreal.

I was thinking of getting an 2.5cm A. Versicolor for it's cool colors. It's also the only arboreal species available in my area.
I don't have any experience with any arboreal species.

Should I get this T? I heard that avics are hard to raise as slings. Is this true?
How different are arboreals and terrestrials?

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Ventilation is the key with them, make sure there's plenty both top and bottom of the container.

As for differences, just the obvious that they'll need the vertical space really, they can be quick and jumpy too.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Ventilation, and humidity. I have 2 slings @1.5", they love to climb, and web. Alot of fun.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
I think they are better suited to a first time arboreal owner than most others.

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
hey hawtdwag, don't be afraid to get an avic versicolor... just got mine last month and it already molted to about an inch. beautiful Ts. great webbing. just make sure you ventilate not just the top of the container but also the sides. put something for it to climb with. i am planning to get my second arboreal next month if my budget allowed.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 4 Avic species and a P. irminia, all with the same ventilation setup which consists of a few holes on the top and a good inch of substrate. The substrate is kept moist but not soaked. I've had all of my Avic's since 2i or 3i and have not had any issues. keep the soil moist and spray them weekly and you should be fine. the occasional SADS issue is probably a particular specimen that would not have normally made it in the wild.