question about my obt

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
my obt was sitting on the side of the cage and i could see that it was drooling? has anyone seen this before? my obt has molted and has been eating, it seems to be doing ok. thanks for the replys

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Most likely grooming itself. As long as the liquid is not white and full of tiny worms, you are fine.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
good question ben... i too have seen my obt do this. i recently watched my obt (queso) climb the sides of its enclosure and when it got to its lid i started tapping the glass to scare it down. it started frantically running around up and down , back and forth, then back up the glass. thats when i noticed the clear liquid in its fangs dripping. i wonder if this could be its venom? i bet he/she was ready to bite. i have heard of obts getting so mad they will flip on their backs legs kicking and dripping this "venom"? anybody got any other ideas?

angrychair

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm, there has been a few T drooling threads lately. Maybe they are ZOMBIES!!!!11 and want BRAINS!!!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
drool, venom, idk ... i like the idea of a zombie obt lol........... i guess that explains why i hear that old world ts are harder to "kill" (and by that i mean accidentaly let die by lack of care/ neglect) than new world. RULE NUMBER 2= always double tap

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
i think when they are pissed it might b venom cuz i just changed my substrate and when i finally got him in the cup he was dripping and on his rear legs trying to get my hand through the cup

Sage

Arachnopeon
I've heard OBT's were aggressive but I had no idea they'd try to get to you through plastic. D: Sounds scary!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dont let the so called "aggressiveness" deter you from owning an obt though... theyre really more skittish and flighty than id have thought. FREAKIN FAST AS CAN BE REALLY. i think as long as people are responsible and remember that the obts can AND WILL stand their ground there will be no real problems. all in all im personally as afraid of an obt as a rosie. then again im not puttin my hands in the cage and i have my ts as observational pets. i dont try to play with them like a dog or cat and i rarely ever handle or touch mine

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
my little obt hasn't stuck at me yet and i have had it for almost 3 weeks now. hopefully it will stay as calm as it is now. and if not its a obt what else can you except.

angrychair

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i rehoused mine from a medicine vial to a really small display case thing from a craft store, and it went from terrestrial to arboreal :( and made a web in the lid. crazy little obt,

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
angry, is the substrate real wet? i noticed mine is prissy and hates touching anything damp. i just woke up to find my gbb's water dish has a leak somewhere and got her floor wet *i cant catch a break* and shes all webbed in the corner when she normally hangs on the ground