Xenesthis preference poll!

Which Xenesthis has more the most vibrant coloring?

• X. immanis

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • X. intermedius

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No real difference ( please explain ?)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm doing a little research, planning a purchase in the near future. I'd like to know which of these two Xenesthis spp. has the best coloration/ most purple on the carapace. Thanks!!

-Venom.

Sebastian S.

Arachnopeon
What are the differences between immanis and intermedia ?

Sticky up hairs on the front of the abdomen and the other not ? ; )

I haven't found any publication regarding this matter.

Can someone explain this to me ? ; )

PS : I voted "No real difference" , because I really don't know what is on the pictures on the internet and in what stage, pre-molt , after molt , 5 days after molt , 5 months after

molt or 1 year ?

Edit : I have only one female , X."immanis".

Last edited:

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Personally, I think the X. intermedia is the better looking of these two. My female just molted and shes a real beaut! Nice shiny black legs and great looking purple. wait one, I'll get you a picture!

I just walked in to get this picture for you. I'm not sure about everyone elses Xenesthis sp, but this girl is out 24/7, its hot as balls <footballs??? real close to the sun, yeah those balls!> in the enclosure and nice and humid. She love's it.

View attachment 94851

Last edited:

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YellowBrickRoad,

Thank you!! I think my eyes are drooling. She is gorgeous.

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
I've had her since she was a sling, lol what a statement, I think they come out of the sac a good 2in. lol. She is now 5in and some change. Good eater too. :D I hearts me a lady that can eat! :) She's grown up pretty fast, I got her maybe march of this year? I think so. anyway, good luck which ever one you choose to get. Don't forget to check out the Xenesthis sp blue, They are really nice!