I issed my first tarantula's first kill. :'(

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
So I tossed a cricket into my tarantula's tank and it didn't pounce on it. I just kind of figured it need some time so I went out to go to the bathroom. When I came back the tarantula had feasted on the cricket and was hanging from the side of the tank and had a dead cricket hanging from it's mouth. I know it was kind of my fault for missing it pounce on it but still, the first time is special. And I am sad. :'(

Dreadlock Wolf

Arachnopeon
Well, The next one make it more special. Put on some music. Dim the lights. Maybe have a meal on the go yourself.
Then feed it, you'll remember that time for sure. And maybe so will your T.

P.S. if this does happen. Make sure you get a video :D

Walk Alone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, The next one make it more special. Put on some music. Dim the lights. Maybe have a meal on the go yourself.
Then feed it, you'll remember that time for sure. And maybe so will your T.

P.S. if this does happen. Make sure you get a video :D
Or just pee before you feed it.

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Either you pee very long or it eats very fast haha! My T takes at least 1 hour before i see a bolus in her water bowl, accompanied usually by milky white poo... Or u can just forget it ever happened :D. Theres one thing i always fail to watch, my T molting. I have had about 4 or 5 molts i missed already.

Last edited:

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
look at it this way at least you know your T is feeding. there will be many more times that you will feed it and watch the strike and take the pray.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well...since you bought it from someone else you didn't really miss the first kill.... that was probably its 20-10-100th? :p