seedling ID?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I feel like I planted a seed here a long time ago, I do that a lot and forget about it. This reminds me of some kind of morning glory seedling but, I just don't have a clue what it is other than something like that, and I don't remember planting any morning glories. The leaves are big, it's a big pot, any ideas? Even a genus guess would be cool enough for me.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
woohooo!, finally a guess. Well I guess it could be, I ordered seeds over 10 years ago and put them somewhere, none came up though. I was guessing the same and looking up that up yesterday but never got a good shot of a seedling. What I did get on the internet didn't look much like it. Have to wait for the main plant leaves to pop up I guess.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I'll take pics later, looking more like a Woodrose. It's cooled off and is growing slow, I'm going to have to bring it in so it can blast off in the Spring.

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
Sweet! I remember they hate cold (lost mine to around 40F night) and need/like a ton of root space... I think they take about 3 years to get to flowering age... Looking forward to seeing it progress.... :D

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Finally got around to taking a pic, what do you think, Woodrose?(a little out of focus) When looking at pics, I see leaves of "something" that's not lobed at all, then one with yellow flowers, deeply lobed, not a big fan of yellow for some reason. Same genus?, what's going on here? That's the prob with common names, what's the true species name? Yeah it got a little cold and it started looking sickly. I brought it in and it started growing again. Found the sci name, it's been years since I looked it up, I see there are two varieties, but, I'm still seeing a leave with no lobe in many pics, I'm not sure. Maybe some other kind of morning glory? I'm still confident that it's a seed I picked up somewhere, I do that kind of thing a lot and forget about it. Sometimes I'll go to healthfood stores, get tropical fruit I've never seen before and plant the seeds.

Last edited:

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
Woah, I duno! That doesn't look like a wood rose to me now. Not sure on the scientific name. I'll ask some friends to see if they have any IDeas :) It's got pretty cool leaves there, whatever it is!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think I know what it is now. There is a wild morning glory that I've seen in the west and central Texas while buggin. The blooms are white, I remember the leaves look like that. I don't know the name of it though.

I may have found it, "Ipomoea lindheimeri" not white flowers though. I might have grabbed some seeds from the vine. I just remembered doing that now in the Del Rio maybe 5 years ago on a ranch fence, could be it I guess.

Last edited: