Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Green Bottle Blue 1CM

Dreadlock Wolf

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well around the world. Here in London ENG its getting cold and Christmas Adverts
are already on the TV. Man this year was quick.

So here's the thing. At the minute i have the unbelievably exciting "Pet Rock" or the grammostola rosea.
She's a joy to have but isn't exactly rewarding in the sense of interaction. Not as in handling, just viewing
pleasure and the likes you know what i mean.

So i've decided to start a journey with a little one. I'm getting a 1cm Green Bottle Blue. I figured it'll be a great
journey to take. And i love being involved with creatures on a caring level. Being as i wanted to be a Zoologist,
but fell to Booze and Women and Motorbikes instead. That dream left. So... A Pet rock just isn't satisfying my needs.

So any tips guys. Enlosure, feeding, water, temp.

Dreadlock Wolf

Arachnopeon
IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

I have the T in a little tub it came in, within a small tub with some substrate.
The sub on the outside is sprayed moist. And on the inside in the little tub there
is a small bit of wet tissue plus moist sub. It cant get into the bigger area. I just have
it inside the bigger tub to control moisture maybe or heat. I have tiny hatchling crickets
to feed in a couple of days. Now i'm just thinking about heat. its fine in the day for the
moment here in london. The room is around 20c daytime but it drops to 15c maybe at
night. Should i put it in a cupboard or drawer to maintain heat?

darksidemxer

Arachnopeon
hopefully u enjoy this 1 more. my gbb isnt very active :( i get more movement out of my obt lol

jungalist86

Arachnopeon
View attachment 94878

View attachment 94879

I have the T in a little tub it came in, within a small tub with some substrate.
The sub on the outside is sprayed moist. And on the inside in the little tub there
is a small bit of wet tissue plus moist sub. It cant get into the bigger area. I just have
it inside the bigger tub to control moisture maybe or heat. I have tiny hatchling crickets
to feed in a couple of days. Now i'm just thinking about heat. its fine in the day for the
moment here in london. The room is around 20c daytime but it drops to 15c maybe at
night. Should i put it in a cupboard or drawer to maintain heat?

hello mate,nice spider,my gbb is very active and great to watch and constatnly webbing so i think you will enjoy
all i did with my sling was keep 1 corner of the substrate moist and kept it in my house at room temperature ,then when it got big enough i just gave it a full fresh water bowl as im pretty sure that they really dont like to much moisture and can actually cause death but obviosly as a sling they dont have a water dish so thats what i did just incase it wasnt getting enough fluid from its food and mine is healthy and never had any problems,also has never turnt down a meal lol,if your worried about the cold at night(no what you mean im not to far from you) then yeh a draw or something walmer she be fine,im currently insulating my under the stair cuboard for a mini spider room ,have to see how that works out lol