not sure if i got bit?

Blaze

Arachnopeon
so i received 2 avic versicolors from Jamie today, one for me and one for my friend. i took mine out, handled it for a couple minutes and put it in its enclosure. then i unpacked my friends and as i was handling it, i felt a small pinprick which caused me to flinch. I'm not sure if i got bit because i don't see any holes in my finger or anything. any ideas? they're about an inch, if not then a bit less.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
It's possible, but given the size and the species not something to be at all concerned about. At that size, I can't imagine there would be much to see anyway as far as a "wound" goes.

Blaze

Arachnopeon
So does this mean my versi is not as docile as most. I was handling it straight after shipping.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
No, it means nothing. The spider was likely stressed from shipping, or felt like it was falling and attempted to use it's fangs to hold on or...the possibilities of why are endless. It's a spider, it can be super docile one day and not so much the next. That's just how it goes, but I really doubt that it means in general it will be defensive.

I have a G. pulchripes, that moods swings like crazy, and my versi has given me threat displays...spiders are unpredictable even within the "average" temperment range of any given species.

Give it time to settle in and don't bug it. I'm sure it will be just fine for you.