Artificially insemenating females...possible?

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Watched my MM G. rosea do the whole sperm web ritual yesterday. Later that evening I looked in and I spooked him and his one foot stepped onto the sperm web blanket and what I'm guessing to be sperm oozed to the surface..lol. I was like, "hey boy...you missed some"...lol. Then I had this thought.....from the amount that was there it got me to thinking that it might be possible to draw that sperm up into a syringe and deposit it into the female. Has this ever been tried? It could sure save some poor males from their death if it would work...not to mention time...lol

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
haha i have been thinking about this alot recently but havent had the guts to post it..thanks...i think it would be possible, and really kinda needed for extremely hard to breed T's that are going to wind up no longer available because they are too aggressive towards the males.....

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
interesting question... im definitely gonna follow this post to see what pops up...

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A little low tech compared to a syringe, but here you go.
Wow, that old thread started off a little freaky, but it's cool to know that others have the same thoughts. I personally think it could work, but I'm sure further studies need done.