quick question about A versicolor care...

Blaze

Arachnopeon
ok so i live in a college dorm room with 2 other guys, and I'm in the side room. the main room has a bed in it and i share my side room with another guy. so i keep my A versicolor sling which i just got today in my room. the thing I'm worried about is, my roommates like to keep the air condition on all the time. so it gets cool in here, but not to a point where its absolutely cold. would this be enough to kill my T?

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
ok so i live in a college dorm room with 2 other guys, and I'm in the side room. the main room has a bed in it and i share my side room with another guy. so i keep my A versicolor sling which i just got today in my room. the thing I'm worried about is, my roommates like to keep the air condition on all the time. so it gets cool in here, but not to a point where its absolutely cold. would this be enough to kill my T?

Not necessarily enough to kill it but you want to keep it away from air vents if possible. That stagnant dry air can cause mold to form if you're using coco fiber which I assume you are cause I think I remember you saying you got a versi sling kit from Jamie. Mold is bad news for any tarantula but even more so for Avics(so I've been told). It seems weird your roommate would be keeping the ac on around this time of year especially being in Chicago but stranger things have happened. Same thing goes for if he has the heat on, just keep it away from those air vents, fans too. Put it in the other side of the room if you have to or close the vents on your side. What's the temperature inside your dorm typically at? I'd say if the room is cooler than 70 degrees that's cutting it pretty close considering we're coming up on winter.