A. versicolor

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
I got my A. versicolor a little over a month ago. I am not sure of her age but she is not the teal coloring of the slings. Anyway...I have heard of their webbing abilities but mine has not produced any good webs. I had her in a plastic tall fish tank. I finally got her a beautiful front open terrarium. Decorated it with a tall piece of cork bark and a silk orchid and coconut fiber for the flooring. I just checked on her and she has started building her web and is resting in the cork bark. I was just excited that she was spinning. I just wanted to share because I was excited to see her web. I do not have any pictures yet. I really hate my camera. Went to look at them today. If anyone has any suggestions on cameras that they use....for an amateur...I would like to hear about that. I have not bought a camera in several years.

Thank you :)

Amy

Transient

Arachnosquire
It really depends on how much you're willing to spend. There are plenty of decent point-and-shoot cameras that are inexpensive, but if you are willing to put money into it, I would recommend a DSLR. They're hefty but have a ton of features, even the basic ones. This website has a test that'll tell you what camera is best for your photo and budget needs.

http://entry-level-dslr-camera-review.toptenreviews.com/

Dogfish

Arachnopeon
Good to hear! I absolutely love catching one of my girls in the act of webbing, I can sit and watch for hours. How big is your versicolor?

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
Ok...Thank you Transient. I decided on a Cannon sx230hs...I will take some pictures to upload as soon as it charges. I have my fingers crossed that I can get some great pictures with that camera. Camera phones just do not cut it.

Dogfish, I have not measured her but I would say she is about 2 inches or so. I am really excited about her webbings. I have a GBB sling that webs like crazy and it is great to see the peaks and hammocks she hangs out on.

Big smiles on my face :)

Dogfish

Arachnopeon
I've been thinking of getting a GBB so I can watch it web like crazy. How's the disposition of yours, slow and sweet or fast and crazy? The exotics expo in northwest chicago is coming up in a week or two and I'd really like to pick up a terrestrial. I found a really nice acrylic case at a hobby shop that would be perfect for a GBB sling. It's shallow, narrow, and long. It could fit a really sweet GBB web.

Amy Beth

Arachnopeon
I have a sling. I will call her a she. She has a great disposition she is sweet but can be fast. She barely lets the cricket hit her web before she is pouncing and eating it. I cant wait until she gets bigger. I have gotten her out on my hand and she is calm not too fast but moves right along. She is one of my favorites. She has the most fantastic of webs even it the yucky deli cup she is in. I am waiting until she gets a little bigger before I get her a real home. She is one of my favorites.

---------- Post added 10-27-2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

Uuugghh...It will not let me upload a picture. :( I will try later.