Pre molt salmon pink?

vickywild

Arachnoknight
I have searched online for photos of salmon pinks in pre molt but unfortunately can't find anything at all. My wee man has been eating like..every day since I got him 3 weeks ago and now he just..stopped. I am wondering if its likely I'm in for a molt or hes just not hungry.

Sorry to make an entire thread about this by the way, I'm just worried. I've lost my previous 2 slings and so I'm very on my toes for this guy.

Atm I cant provide photos but here he is a week or so ago to give you an idea of size;

Forgot to say sorry its been about 3 days now since hes eaten.

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You've fed it everyday for 3 weeks ?!

I would say that it is not hungry and/or is coming up for a moult.

IHMO you should be feeding it once a week, twice at the most.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
Okay that was a bit of an exaggeration lol. But I did enquire about his eating and was told he would eat and eat so I just let him.

Once I've taken this food out though I shall only feed him twice a week :)!

As I said, I'm just worred..my last 2 guys died really randomly and I'd hate for it to happen again.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
It looks very well fed and just fine. It's likely not hungry after eating so much. I wouldn't worry at all about it.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Looks like it's getting ready to molt soon. I feed my young slings every two days, till they get @ the 1.5" size. Your's looks well fed, and whenever it's ready, it'll roll over and put on a new suit!

a3overlord

Arachnopeon
I also have spoken to lots of people about how often to feed because I am new to the hobby, every other day seems to be the popular consensus. I had the same concerns about my Salmon Pinks, and was told by K. Swift that they were probably going in to molt, the very next day all 4 of them had molted :)

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
I think if I remember rightly that you got yours around the same time I got mine - was it from TSS? If so then 1 of mine has molted so far and the other 5 look the same as yours in the pic.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
I got it from a pet store unfortunately.

However, I can now show a few photos. Hes never webbed is food like this.

I keep him on top of my lizards vivarium so he gets the heat from that (its nae too hot nor too cold..it stays at about 25-30 degrees but dont forget its got to get through glass then to the spider so he gets maybe 3/4 of the heat lol) and he is sprayed twice a week.

That meal worm is due to come out now. Its been in there since last night. Before that I tried him on a live cricket AND pre killed.

I guess Mommy just worries :/

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The food/morio worm is not webbed, its either fungus or mould.

BTW slings dont die just randomly, its usually the wrong husbandry that kills them.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
I've taken it out. Didn't realise they went bad so fast!!

The first sling was dropped so that wasn't really random but sling #2 I did everything by the book :-(

Who knows eh?

synyster

Arachnobaron
LP's will survive through pretty much anything. Yes take the worm out but for the rest don't worry ;)