Fastest T you've seen?

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
I got my first Pokies (striata and regalis) around April or May of this year. I ignored all the horror stories about losing them because of their speed and such, but I never had a problem with it. From .75" all the way to 3" I have never had them be unmanageably fast.

About six weeks ago I got my first Avic slings. They're easy. On the same day I got my first four P cambridgei slings, each around 1". Holy bleep guys! They are so ridiculously fast. Am I imagining it, or are they really considerably faster than Pokies? They can run around the little deli cups eighteen times in a split second! I love it! Fortunately as they're growing they're slowing down (or at least proportionally compared to their bodies).

What's the fastest T you've seen with your own two eyes? The reason I ask is people say Pokies and OBTs are fast, but I haven't had a problem with those (haven't had an OBT yet), whereas I never hear about Psalmos being unmanageably speedy.

Input?

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
I vote Tapinauchenius spp. anything, with Psalmos close behind.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heterothele gabonensis blows all of them out of the water. I have taps, psalmos, pokies and other fast t's, but nothing compares to H. gabonensis. Don't blink!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A morbidly obese, premolt G pulchra...............?

No, but P ornata takes the cake for me thus far, although that's the only arboreal I've had just a little experience with. I will say that a young Grammostola iheringi will run circles around a pulchra. Other than that, I think it's about time I feebly exit this thread. Heheh........

Terry

nolan

Arachnopeon
well I have a small collection but my 1 inch p. murinus is like lightning to the point where I think he has mastered teleportation

Fins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Although I don't have much to compare her to, my P. irminia is wicked fast. At least compared to the rest of mine.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I thought my OBTs were fast. Then I got a couple of M. balfouri who can run circles around the OBTs.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
OBT & Mysore Ornamental @@@@!! P regalis also... they all teleport... and Ive had to catch Mysore. /P regalis..
T Gigas is regarded as the fastest T though!

Slevin

Arachnosquire
i don't have many t's but my p. irminia is something else. everytime i have to move her it's an adventure. as a sling unpacking her for the first time, i figured she'd be a little lethargic from the shipping ordeal. put her on my finger, look over to her enclosure, look back and she'd disappeared. flew up my arm and onto my back before i knew she'd ran. luckily my buddy was there and saw her because i had no idea. i've chased her over and under shelves and what not. she's a handful

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
The fastest I have seen is my fiances old rufilata. She went from in her hide to the back of becs head faster then I could say dont touch to ckose to.her she will book it. Lmao

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd have to agree with a Tapinauchenius spp. and quite a few of the Heterothele spp.(I have H. sp. "Peru" and H. sp. "Carabobo" and both zip around faster than you can keep track of)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have S. calceatum, 1 adult gravid female, 1 really close to adult possible gravid female, and 1 MM....they are pretty fast...only one that i have seen any lightning bolts out of was the mm when the female had enough, and he got spooked by her, then i was trying to catch him with a cup....he was petrified...and i have 3 H. maculatas about 2 1/2".....when they were smaller, i opened one up, misted in its cup, that thing shot out and was 8-10 feet across the room before my eyes could tell my brain what happened....so far thats the fastest ive seen..
Have heard that both them and Stromatopelma calceatum are both lightning fast, but I have no experience with either to speak from.