Rosea emergency

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
She lost her leg dont know how i just found her that way. heres some pics it look like she was walking around and left wet spots everywhere. shes on the side it looks like she holding it up so it doesnt leak . Is there anything I can doo for her ?

Attachments

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Put some flour or cornstarch on it, if it's leaking, to see if you can stop the leaking. That's about all you can do. A missing leg in itself isn't a huge deal, but you don't want it to continue bleeding.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
should i put her in a moist container cause she looks like shes trying to keep vertical. and out the flour on with a qtip or try to drop a little in her

Shell

Staff member
should i put her in a moist container cause she looks like shes trying to keep vertical. and out the flour on with a qtip or try to drop a little in her
I would use a qtip, and I don't think at this point an ICU is needed. Just try to stop the leaking and see how she is after. An ICU is for dehydration, so I wouldn't jump to that right away if she seems ok apart from the leg leaking where she lost it. You don't want to stress her anymore than needed. Try to get the bleeding stopped and then leave her be, just check on her, in case she seems to need further intervention.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
it looks as if it worked but Shes dragging her back legs now is that bad ?

---------- Post added 10-30-2011 at 12:58 AM ----------

shes barley moving now almost lifeless. :(((

---------- Post added 10-30-2011 at 01:17 AM ----------

shes moving around now and when i apply the flour its as iff shes holding it up so I can get to it. I keep applting it cause i can see the middle of the flour get wet

---------- Post added 10-30-2011 at 01:24 AM ----------

Shes making a molt bed thing. she hasnt eaten in 3 months so shes ready to molt. Im 99 % sure thats what shes doing now. Thank you for youre help I really think shes fine now.

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
just a curious ? what would happen to a tarantula if it lost multiple legs and the front little legs it uses to eat, can't remember there name if anyone wants to name them feel free, would the spider survive?

0siris

Arachnosquire
did she molt recently? did she injure herself in any way? (fall, pinched a leg in the enlosure, etc) Tarantulas will sometimes shed limbs if they are damaged or useless. This is not a very big deal since they can re-grow their limbs when they molt. There is actually a thread somewhere on these forums of a T surviving to it's next molt with only 2 legs. Leg 1 and 8 I believe. It was quite miraculous.

Flour/cornstarch is the best thing to try to stop the bleeding, like Shell said. Try to zoom out on the camera a little so we can see the tarantula in it's entirety.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
No I stated that she was due for a molt, and it happened within a few hours be4 I started this thread. I found her like that with a leg laying on the substrate. this is a pic rfom when i 1st noticed her missing a leg. sorry it wont let me post the pic

Shell

Staff member
just a curious ? what would happen to a tarantula if it lost multiple legs and the front little legs it uses to eat, can't remember there name if anyone wants to name them feel free, would the spider survive?
They are called pedipalps and as long as there were no other issues, the spider would regenerate them, as well as it's missing legs, as it molted.

---------- Post added 10-30-2011 at 08:30 AM ----------

Now her back right leg has fallen off what is going on. Why is my tarantula falling apart ??
It sounds like she has injured herself in some way, and is dropping the injured legs. How deep is your substrate? Could she have climbed up the side of the tank and fallen? As Osiris said, shed limbs really aren't a big deal, they will regenerate (provided it's not a MM losing the limbs) its the loss of blood that could be an issue or other, more serious damage caused by a fall if that is what actually happened.

How is she doing now? Has the leaking stopped?

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
They are called pedipalps and as long as there were no other issues, the spider would regenerate them, as well as it's missing legs, as it molted
if a spider lost both pedipalps could it survive or does it need atleast 1

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have a young P. formosa that lost both pedipalps, and just regrew them...she is fine.....you should try a tarantula who lost its fangs........

and hopefully your girl molts and everything is ok...if she does molt, she might not have any time to regrow part of the leg...
if a spider lost both pedipalps could it survive or does it need atleast 1

captmarga

Arachnobaron
She might also cast the leg(s) if she has lost too much fluid. She needs fresh water nearby, immediately. Then basically disturb her as little as possible.

Search for Morado and find my thread on my T that lost 4 legs and both palps. He is happy and whole and molted quietly last week without my knowing... Suprise mommy, I did it by myself!!!

Marga

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
She might also cast the leg(s) if she has lost too much fluid. She needs fresh water nearby, immediately. Then basically disturb her as little as possible.

Search for Morado and find my thread on my T that lost 4 legs and both palps. He is happy and whole and molted quietly last week without my knowing... Suprise mommy, I did it by myself!!!

Marga
just checked it out and I'm more hopeful now. my OBT has one more leg than your spider, and its about 1"

mmfh

Arachnobaron
I'm sorry your T. died. I just lost a G. pulchripes in the same fashion. First she dropped a leg then a couple days later molted and lost a lot of "blood" and died after a week in icu. No idea why she would drop a leg so close to a molt.