Longest time a t has survived shipping?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I did a trade for a nice X. intermedia female, and she was sent Thursday with overnight shipping (with good packing and a 48hr heat pack). She was sent out on Thursday around noon, and the last time the tracking was updated was Thursday night! I have yet to receive my new baby, and there's no telling where she is or when she will get here. Needless to say, my weekend was ruined and I am pretty depressed. What's the longest time you guys have ever had a package delayed without getting a DOA?

synyster

Arachnobaron
I remember reading about a 5-6" female P. metallica being sent out on the 12th of a certain month (I'm thinking may or june) and then Canadapost went into strike here. He finally received his package on the 30th and the spider was alive. That's a total of 18 days in transit...

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would say this depends on 4 things:
1.) The packaging job of the tarantula - how securely/safely it was packed to keep it safe from rough handling
2.) How the package is handled by the shipping company - reflects back on number 1
3.) The weather of where the package is or conditions of where the package is being stored - not too hot, not too cold
4.) When the tarantula ate last/how often is has to eat - We know they can go for loooooong times without eating. This of course also depends on the size of the tarantula.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
holy crap man.....i just recieved a mm L. difficilis that was in the mail 8 days, no heat pack and my temps are getting down to freezing....he was fine...
I remember reading about a 5-6" female P. metallica being sent out on the 12th of a certain month (I'm thinking may or june) and then Canadapost went into strike here. He finally received his package on the 30th and the spider was alive. That's a total of 18 days in transit...

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I have a little hope left... But if the package still isn't updated on Monday I will be even more upset. Gotta love how packages just "disappear "

hibiscusmile

Arachnopeon
I have had mantis in shipping for 3 weeks and they were not only newly hatched when sent, they were still fine.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I just got an update. The package is in MONTANA of all places! How in the heck do they take it there when it is meant for FLORIDA? Good lord I can't figure that out for the life of me.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yep i know what its like...sucks..must be nice not to have to actually do your job....

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well at least it isn't freezing over there right now... I think my odds of getting a living T have improved maybe?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Connecticut... If it wasn't subjected to freezing temperatures, would five or six days in a good packing job kill her?

synyster

Arachnobaron
If it's coming from connecticut, and your in florida, I'll agree to not comprehending that move...

But no, 5-6 days in a well packed box should be ok. I don't think the spider will be dead if kept way from freezing temps.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I am hoping for the best! I was so excited about my beautiful new baby that I left work early on Friday to wait for the package. Imagine how ticked I was that a passed up a few hours of overtime for nothing!

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
I've been very fortunate with recieving my Ts healthy, but I've been VERY ticked waiting. The mail service where i'm located is horrible to say the least. I hope you get your package very soon, and if packaged good, you should be very pleased.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well this story has a happy ending. I got my package around 9:30 am and my intermedia was alive and well, and my little Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus slings were great as well! Kudos to great packing!