P. metallica in Minecraft.

Tarantel

Arachnobaron
Wikipedia says Notch (the creator of Minecraft) may have based his design for an enemy in the game (Cave Spider) on P. metallica. Does anyone see a resemblance? Cavespider Edited.jpg P. metallica Edited.jpg

stewstew8282

Arachnoknight
the little tinge of yellow on the legs ..maaayybeee..but coloration waay too dark... either its not a p met, or author just ate some big ole failmuffins

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
All three of my lads play Minecraft, I had a go on it and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I'll have to ask them about the spiders though.

smoothie4l

Arachnopeon
I never thought i would see the day when the spiders of minecraft become an discussion on arachnoboards XD, but honestly i don't think i see much of an resemblance with the spiders maybe the legs, but still.

0siris

Arachnosquire
if you like open world building games then this will be right up your alley. The highlight of minecraft is certainly not its graphics, but the incredibly large structures you can build in the seemingly infinitely sized levels

Here is a timelapse video of a bunch of people building a city. You can just imagine the amount of coordination and planning this took. Definitely not for those of us with jobs :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRplkc1DbUg

StreetTrash

Arachnoknight
Holy crap. I need to brush my teeth, take a shower, and tell their mothers to stop buying Mountain Dew for them.

What did I just watch?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's certainly addicting, but fun. I built a TIE fighter once:

Tarantel

Arachnobaron
Looks like a terrible old game. Is it good?
Yes it is. Best game ever. And it's from 2009. Yeah, the graphics suck, but it's that way so people can make mods/texture packs and stuff and because the person who made it didn't have much/any money when he made it. The bad graphics are part of the appeal anyway.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I play, But I never do mass builds, I don't have the attention span for it, lol. I really enjoy the survival and creating your house etc.. aspect of the game