Does a tarantulas eyes also heal after a molt?

ChileanRosehair

Arachnopeon
hey everyone. I have a question which I haven't been able to find a satisfying answer to yet. I know that tarantulas are able to heal and regrow their legs after a molt. Are they allso able to properly heal minor eye injuries?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Yes, they should, as the eyes, fangs, and other parts are completely shed off.

Marga.

Ingar

Arachnopeon
Yes, they should, as the eyes, fangs, and other parts are completely shed off.

Marga.
Can you put some citation, guote or source information?
I never hear about eye regeneration, as there never been described situations about eye injuries in these forums or somewhere else..

ChileanRosehair

Arachnopeon
Ok. Thanks for the answers. The reason I asked the question in the first place is because I had a little accident with my P.murinus not too long ago. I was about to do some maintainence (sorry for bad english. It isn't my native language) in the cage and the murinus panicked and got under his little cave which I had moved and tipped over on the side earlier. He seemed to kinda scrape his eye a bit while trying to escape from under the cave. After I gently removed the grotto I couldn't really detect any sort of visible damage to the tarantulas eyes but being the mildly paranoid individual that I'm I just had to know if I tarantula is able to heal smaller wounds on the eyes if they would occure in worst case scenario or if the poor thing risks being blind.

And allso my Rosea feel flat on her back on rough substrate. But from a pretty small height. That was a long time ago and she's fine today. But at the time I really wondered if her eyes took damage by that fall since she landed on her back with her yes right down.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I said "they should". If I had a source, I would have quoted it. Looking at a plateful of molts here, every single one of which has a shed carapace, there are tiny little eyes (lenses gone white) on the shed carapaces. Fangs and even booklungs are shed, why would the eyes and lenses not be?

Not that a T uses the eyes much anyway, as I understand from all the literature, they sense movement and light, but are virtually blind.

I would suggest taking a molt under a microscope and examining the eyeparts. I do not have one (a microscope) currently, or I would happily do so. I can see the lenses under my large magnifying glass, but of course a photo through a microscope would be your best proof. If there are intact lenses on the molt, then the answer should be again, "yes".

Marga