Old picture ID

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
This is just for fun, since we all know ID'ing from a photo difficult/imposable, and I don't think I'll ever get my answer as this spider died years back. It always bothered me though, as it didn't match to the other spider's that where sold under the same name. Its always fun to read crazy Internet guesses that are totally off. Go ahead , take a stab at it...:biggrin:

A hint, It was a WC big 6-7 inch spider that I had back in the mid 90's...
fresh molted

and the only other 2 pics i have of it...

Later, Tom

Ingar

Arachnopeon
Looks to me as Lasiodorides polycuspulatus/ But it it is hard to determin species if there isn't pic of spermatecae aswell (cause that one is fem.)..

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks to me as Lasiodorides polycuspulatus/ But it it is hard to determin species if there isn't pic of spermatecae aswell (cause that one is fem.)..
Close, but I believe this spider is Lasiodorides straitus. I have both species of Lasiodorides and I could post pics if you want.

Art

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am saying Lasiodorides striatus as well. A friend of mine had one about five years ago when he was still ing the hobby.

sebeed

Arachnopeon
clearly its a G.pulchra/G.pulchripes hybrid lol
Seriously though, i would go with L.S. as well, but that being said, ive never seen one in real life so i dont really know what im talking about lol

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
totally uneducated guess.... Haplopelma minax?
Its definitely a new world spider.

L. polycuspulatus fade to a grayish color a few weeks after it molts. The spider above always maintained its dark black color.

Lasiodorides polycuspulatus

Close, but I believe this spider is Lasiodorides straitus. I have both species of Lasiodorides and I could post pics if you want.

Art
I would like to see your Lasiodorides striatus. Yes this was always what my guess was too, but there is something off with this spider if you compare it close to other L. striatus I've owned. For one the stripes on the legs of L. striatus are present on the tibia, the spider in above pic the stripes end on the patella. Another strange thing is the mirror patch on the abdomen. Other L. striatus I've owned never had a mirror patch.

Lasiodorides striatus

:confused:Later, Tom

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

AshLee

Arachnopeon
My vote would also be L. striatus, though I must say this was my first time really looking at the tarantula. Immensely struck by it's beauty.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
heres a picture a user called Fred here has, and it looks like the same species are yours, however its alive. He's calling it L. striatus, but unsure. He's had it for about 7 years, not sure how big it was then myself as he never said, its about 7", pm him.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...108265160427_731640426_11451555_3623832_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0169103425427_731640426_12408088_258019_n.jpg
Hey thanks for the links man. Its definitely the same spider I had.
Later, Tom

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunately I could not get my current L. straitus to stay still long enough for a pic, but here is a pic of one that I traded for an Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi.

Art

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I've gotta say it does resemble Guy Tansley's pic of Homoeomma sp "blue", although my spider was always jet black. The other thing though it was a large spider, 6-7 inches. I didn't think Homoeomma got that large. :?

Later, Tom