Hookah?

Sage

Arachnopeon
So I've read that tobacco is a big NO with tarantulas. To be honest I avoid anything smokey or scented. (When I put my incense collection away the day I brought my rose home, I filled up an entire drawer!) I had no problem giving up my hippie flavored room-vibes for the safety of my T. However I just recently won a hookah in a halloween-hookah drawing contest (I featured B. smithi and a skull as my halloween decor), and was just wondering if it had as much potential to hurt the T as a lit cigarette.

I know hookah tobacco has less nicotine, and 'smoke' is all water vapor. I normally smoke outside but it's 30 degrees out and there's a lot of nazi zombies goin down on the tv if you know what I mean.

So if it's harmful to my T, no problem I just won't smoke my hookah indoors. Just so everybody knows it's a small single hose hookah so there's not as much vapor involved as a ciggy.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! c:

Blaze

Arachnopeon
I'm middle eastern and I smoke hookah in my house all the time. From what I've noticed, it really doesn't do anything. but thats my input.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ahhahah
hookah + special substances ;) + nazi zombies
thats something every single one of my t's have survived and thrived through!

I wouldn't worry about it.

Sage

Arachnopeon
Thank you Brandon. c:

@Wesker - Haha! Are you a Resident Evil fan as well? All good stuff. Thank you for your wisdom!

fartbreath

Arachnopeon
I smoke hookahs all the time, too. I avoid smoking one near my T's though. (They might ask me for a go or two!)

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
I've smoked countless times around mine in my room, cigarettes and hookah. they're all still kickin' so I guess it's all good

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
I'm a smoker, but never around my Ts. Hookah seems like it would be fine, but I'd never smoke cigarettes around my Ts.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you Brandon. c:

@Wesker - Haha! Are you a Resident Evil fan as well? All good stuff. Thank you for your wisdom!
Guilty! Wesker is my man and re4 was my life!
do you have 360 or ps3? No problem man, have fun!

Arachnopeon
I'm a Smoker with capital 'S', and as my Ts lives in my room, so I havent much choice but to smoke near them. They ara kicking and thriving, though

In my humble opinion there isnt enought gases changes between the t's enclosures and the outside environment to actually harm any bug. I always smokes with windows open, just to be safe