How can you tell if your T's are content and happy?

5858Vince

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. I'm new to the hobby of keeping Tarantulas. To start with I got 5 spiderlings. They are Acanthoscurria brocklehursti 3/4" Brachypelma boehmei 1/4" Cyriopagopus schioedtei 1" Heteroscodra maculata 1/4" Lasiodora parahybana 1/4".

My question is how can you tell if they are content and happy? My H. Mac has built webs in the small branches I put in it's enclosure. It spends several hours up there, but then will come down and spend several hours on the ground. Is that normal? My A. brocklehursti spends about 2/3 it's time in the burrow it made and the other 1/3 on the surface with it's first 4 legs on the side of the enclosure. Is that normal?

I guess I just want to make sure they are not doing anything that indicates they are unhappy with the setup in their enclosures.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like they are perfectly fine. If they are burrowing/webbing and eating, then you have nothing to worry about.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Be carefull H mac & malaysian Earthitger are very fast I have both. easy to care for though, when they get bigger,, do NOT try to hold either one
THey are all easy to care for good choice!!

5858Vince

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the responses. Don't worry, I have no plans to handle my T's. Of course everyone tells me that I will eventually want to handle them, but even if I do, I won't handle the H. Mac or Malaysian EarthTiger.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
how to tell your T is happy.....proper setup, fat abdomen, minimal stress.....