The Avicularia's...

Banclimber

Arachnopeon
With my new hobby getting kinda crazy, I'm thinking about getting a new Avic., either the Metallic or the Versi. If any one can give me any info on these guys and why I'd choose one over the other? I'd really like to be able to handle them every so often, and to know what your guys preference on either is such as color, activity, friendliness, etc. Thanks

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The care requirements are the same. They can both be handled (whether or not you should has been addressed many times in other threads), although versicolors are perhaps more skittish. Obviously, versicolors are more colorful. Other than that, is there anything specific that you would like to know about either species? What are your preferences?

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The care requirements are the same. They can both be handled (whether or not you should has been addressed many times in other threads), although versicolors are perhaps more skittish. Obviously, versicolors are more colorful. Other than that, is there anything specific that you would like to know about either species? What are your preferences?
The difference is mainly physical. As stated, A. versicolor have been a little more spastic in my experience. A. metallica do get larger. Both are great to have. If I had to pick one over the other, the colors on a A. versicolor are just amazing. But this isn't about what I want... What are you looking for? Again, the difference is basically all in appearance for these two.

Banclimber

Arachnopeon
Hmm thought maybe there would be more differences between the 2(3). I've heard someone else say the prefer the metallica over both because of the color too.. I just wanted to hear the majority's opinon I guess. Your guys preference!

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm thought maybe there would be more differences between the 2(3). I've heard someone else say the prefer the metallica over both because of the color too.. I just wanted to hear the majority's opinon I guess. Your guys preference!
Haha, well my preference would be the A. versicolor then. Nothing beats the electric blue as a sling and the deep purples/firey reds/metallic green as an adult. My fiance is actually getting her next tattoo of our A. versicolor, Vern, as a sling.

However, my opinion is biased as I've raised him from .75"-3.5", where as our A. metallica, Superman, is still only .75" with lots of growing to do still.

---------- Post added 11-03-2011 at 07:46 PM ----------

Get both ;)
get them as slings!
+1! :biggrin: