First Snake!

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got my first snake a little early! A little albino (applegate? That's what the employees said.) gopher snake. Lovely little thing, still skittish and shy, but by no means aggressive. She has a lovely golden orange color. Around 18-20 inches long, probbed for female. :) If any one can ID the sub-species, that'd be great!

Attachments

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice!I got my first pine in the same genus 2 weeks ago,very cool rough scaled snakes!

Walk Alone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on your new addition! I just got my first snake, a blind ball python, recently. I already know that she may be the first, but not the last. :D

Yay for you! So pretty!

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fed her two live pinkies today! Last attempted feedings in a tub failed, so it's apparent she was fed in her enclosure at the store and is most use to eating there, so I fed her in her tank. She DID ingest some of her aspen bedding, not a lot, but some. I'm just wondering if this is ok until she calms enough to eat in a seperate tank.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's fine (she ate some) which is one of the reasons to use aspen. I've always fed my snakes in their enclosures Personally.
or I put a separate hide in with them in their enclosure for feeding. ..