fish question

ranchruler

Arachnopeon
i was wondering instead of a glass aquarium could you use one of those plastic tubs they sell at walmart? I think it would be possible.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
im sure it could be possible, but you will never see your fish....yeah you can look through the top, but wont see them well...

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it will work, rinse them out well first.

i know for BIG fish large rubbermaids are great is you dont want to drop 2k on a new monster system, though its more of a pond set up, u can get rubbermade troughs that are like 300 gallons for $150ish.

also, i have seen rack systems built out of plastic drawers for growing out fish, all plumbed together with flex hose.

but yea, can be done, you just might have to get creative, and as mentioned...clarity isnt all that great

ranchruler

Arachnopeon
ok awsome also could I use a shelf for a kind of rack system because there will be tops on all the tubs.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok awsome also could I use a shelf for a kind of rack system because there will be tops on all the tubs.
You sure can. A word to the wise though, make sure your rack can support the weight. The last thing you need is for a rack to break and spill fish and water across the room. One gallon of water weighs 8.34lbs.