B. dubia

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well it has been interesting. They eat (only about 50 so not much yet), have had some nymphs dropped and lost about 5 adults to death but so far so good.

Rev

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Breeding.

Keep them warm and dark with plenty of egg crates and in no time you will have lots of nymphs. I would switch to a moss or something more frieldy than shaving. I spray mine every other day.
James

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: Breeding.

Originally posted by james
I would switch to a moss or something more frieldy than shaving. I spray mine every other day.
No substrate is necessary with dubia, nor is spraying. I keep mine bone dry to avoid mites and phorids.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dubia

I am starting to keep a few of my dubia bins on no substrate to try it out. I have been keeping roaches for over two years and spraying them every other day or two. I have never had any mites or black beetles or anything other than roaches in my containers. I believe people get mites with certain brans, or rotton food, or lack of cleaning. I currently have several thousand dubia, and by this summer will probably be producing 5,000+ a month. These are by far the best feeder roach on the market.
James

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how many roache's will you keep in one tub? i want to breed them but i don't have enough room for so many tubs...

James M.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thay look nice. I real do not like the rocks in water deal thow. Good luck on your colony.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have mine in a no substrate large KK and spray in there every other day. I keep a slice of bread to absorb water and for them to eat at will. Twice a week I add in carrots, romaine lettuce and spinach. I have the heat directly on them. Have never lost one to death(only had them 6 months). Got them all as nymphs or very young sub adults. Most are mature now and I have several gravid females. They seem to be pretty hardy and not need any special attention.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are one of the best.

Your post is exactly why I am going to breed thousands of these. Dubia are a very hardy, calm, easy to breed, low defense odor, and all around perfect roach. For my money they are the best feeder available on the market. I am in the process of getting a new roach from overseas that supposibly breeds as fast as lobsters and is the same size, but can't climb. Once I get them I will update everyone on how they are.
James

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: They are one of the best.

James,

Originally posted by james

I am in the process of getting a new roach from overseas that supposibly breeds as fast as lobsters and is the same size, but can't climb. Once I get them I will update everyone on how they are.
do you know their scientific name?

all the best,
Martin

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
James have you gotten the species you were talking about. If so how are they doing for you.

Israel

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, B. dubia looks more like a wolf spider than I ever imagined ;p

Anybody else seeing this?

Wade

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All of my B.dubs look exactly like that... They are actually fairly closely related to hogna carolina sp. so its easy to mix them up.