Baby Bearded Dragon Care tips?

TheTarantulaKid

Arachnopeon
So one of my friend's bearded dragons is going to lay eggs, and he said I could have a baby one for free. I'm not quite sure on how I would care for it, and I don't trust some care sheets on the internet from experiences with tarantula care sheets. So I just need some tips, like what kind of enclosure, how much it would cost, ect. Maybe I'll give my friend some Grammostola rosea slings as a reward or a way to pay him :)

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
A baby can be housed in a 10gal aquarium for a little while till it gets around 8" long or so. The babies like a basking spot from 100-105F, and a cool side of 85F. At night time you can use a ceramic heat emitter, or under tank heater. They also require a uvb bulb, the reptisun 10.0 is highly recomended.

for feeding, the rule of thumb is to not feed it anything bigger than the space between it's eyes.

Beardies eat quite a bit more than Ts.

Good luck! I love my beardie!

TheTarantulaKid

Arachnopeon
A baby can be housed in a 10gal aquarium for a little while till it gets around 8" long or so. The babies like a basking spot from 100-105F, and a cool side of 85F. At night time you can use a ceramic heat emitter, or under tank heater. They also require a uvb bulb, the reptisun 10.0 is highly recomended.

for feeding, the rule of thumb is to not feed it anything bigger than the space between it's eyes.

Beardies eat quite a bit more than Ts.

Good luck! I love my beardie!
Thanks!!!!

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
what you really need to remember is that the enclosure and lights and heat will be a lot more expensive than the critter itself. an adult dragon will need a breeder tank of at least 36"x18"x20" this is a 75 gal breeder. you may want to look at a larger tank then a small tank. if you go a small tank you will have to replace under tank heaters. and the best thing about feeding the dragons they will eat plant and animal matter. dragon can get up to 30" long but they commonly get 24" long. i have had bearded dragons for many years. you need to have a larger tank for the dragon to let the lizard thermoregulate. on the hot side you can have a basking temp of 100 to 105 and the cold side should be at least 10 degrees cooler, during the day. and you need to have a big temp drop at night around to mid to upper 70's. if there is anything else you need ask and i will try to give you as much information i can.