Misc. Roaches

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, i'm posting some pics of a few of my roaches:p . First up the V-Horn Hisser (Eliptohina sp.) The females get a little bigger than regular hissers and the males are a little smaller.
Steve

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Next up:the Giant Hissers (Gramphadorhina portentosa). These are about 2 1/2in. now and grow very fast. Subadults so far.

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The males have huge forward pointing horns, and very fuzzy antennae. Can't wait for these to mature.

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Everyones favorite species by far! Lightly munching on a midnight snack, they need to go on a diet. Not really, but lobster roaches are kinda cool when you put some food on one side of a ten gallon and they flock from the other side of the cage to get a bite.
Steve

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Normal Hissers (G. portentosa) are always fun. The really dark brown one is an old blood(the first kind ever available back in the 70's didn't have the bright colors as the "normal hissers" we have today) I have a pair maybe another female is an old blood, my male is a big 3in. too. But thats the darkest one I got. Gotta fix my camera, the shutter won't open(I dropped it).

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Blaberus fusca. I now have 7 adults with 3 more penultimates. They are starting to breed well with about 2-3 clutches already!

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gyna cappucina. I have a male and female pair. A little hard to photograph. They are a nice fusia and pink color. The pronotum is also a very dark fusia i'd say.

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats about it I think. I didn't take pics of the whole colonys or anything(of the things I have colonys of). I think i'm starting off my roach colection:D . Theres just so many more I have to get, like Supella longipalpa lol.
Steve

Cockroach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice pics!! Love the little G. cappucinas, they are neat looking. Nice shots of the Hissers, very beautiful. As far as a collection, you are off to a great start:) . Good luck with them!

laters,
Bill:D

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great roaches, I would LOVE to have a roach collection but there is no way that is happening until I move out. :( Oh well shouldn't be too long! :D