bearded dragon help

Austin

Arachnosquire
One of my bearded dragons has an open sore on the top of his head. When it first appeared I thought it might have just been the other beardy in the tank starting to pick on him. 2 days later it is still open and around his mouth almost looks like it is swelling or discoloring to redish. Looks like a rug burn around the edges of his mouth. And he sometimes has fluid coming out of an eye. Today was really different with his attitude, hi really really did not want to be picked up. I'm going to post some pics. Would like to here about what this might be. All the necessities are provided for them. I really am at a lose. I will also show size difference in a picture.

Attachments

findi

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi,

An infection like that is not something you can treat at home...once it goes systemic, the animal will go downhill very quickly. Pl let me know if you need help in locating an experienced herp vet. You can post a comment after this article:

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatr...bearded-dragon-care-and-history-in-captivity/

I get notice of comments there quickly, and perhaps we can also go over basic care, etc., best, Frank

Austin

Arachnosquire
Found a herp vet near us we are heading there tomorow, he is really turning for the worse it seems since this morning. Now he isn't moving breathing lightly then heavily. The sore on his head spread and looks like you can see his skull, it is bad. Also we have kept him solitary from the other dragon incase of infectious spread or our previous thought it was them fighting. It's really looking bad hopefully he pulls off till tomorow morning.

ps this sucks :(