Baby retics and baby boas the same weekend!

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The weekend after Thanksgiving was quite busy. Not only did the retics hatch, but one of our Argentine boas gave birth. Sadly most the boa eggs were infertile (the yellow blobs in the photo), but there were a handful of healthy baby snakes in there. The best part was I was able to tell my buddy that I was late to his reception because I was cleaning up boa afterbirth.....how many people get to use that excuse?

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
The best part was I was able to tell my buddy that I was late to his reception because I was cleaning up boa afterbirth.....how many people get to use that excuse?
That's pretty funny. I'm not too familiar with snake breeding, I was wondering how common is it to have more than one snake in an egg? (refering to second picture)

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
That's pretty funny. I'm not too familiar with snake breeding, I was wondering how common is it to have more than one snake in an egg? (refering to second picture)
I was wondering the same thing. I never knew that could happen, but then again, I don't know anything about snake breeding :)

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not all that common but it happens. Just like with identical human twins. (2 babies from 1 egg and 1 sperm)