Quick question regarding hedgehogs and snakes

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I've been wanting a pet hedgehog for a while now. Unfortunately, the only place I could reasonably keep one would be in my reptile room, which is by no means large; would this pose an issue with my snakes? Would they smell the hedgie and think food was nearby? I'm pretty sure hedgehogs aren't snake prey in the wild (I pity the snake that would try!), and I know they aren't rodents, but I obviously don't want to make assumptions and end up with a disaster on my hands. Any input would be much appreciated.

Camden

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I've been wanting a pet hedgehog for a while now. Unfortunately, the only place I could reasonably keep one would be in my reptile room, which is by no means large; would this pose an issue with my snakes? Would they smell the hedgie and think food was nearby? I'm pretty sure hedgehogs aren't snake prey in the wild (I pity the snake that would try!), and I know they aren't rodents, but I obviously don't want to make assumptions and end up with a disaster on my hands. Any input would be much appreciated.
I wouldn't think so as long as you kept the tanks clean enough for them not to stink. I see a guy on youtube (earthling something..cant remember the numbers) That has a small
reptile room, he keeps not only all kinds of boas and gekos in there, but as well as mice, rats, and racks upon racks of hedgehogs and never complained any.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, if I did keep them in the same room I would obviously be extra cautious to make sure nobody could escape. Not that I'm not already cautious...all of my snake cages are locked, and the hedgehog's would be securely latched.

I'm probably not going to end up doing it anyway, though, since I realized there just isn't space for a hedgie cage in my reptile room. It'll most likely go in the bedroom or the living room instead.