Gifts from our pets friends, what do yours bring home?

ScarecrowGirl

Arachnosquire
Pet* not pets

We have 6 cats, chickens,ducks, turkeys ect. Our cats fancy bringing home gifts and the chickens dig up the strangest things.

I figure it wouldn't be so bad to share the things our animals bring us, be it cat, dog, or any other pets that like to bring us presents.

Our cats bring home dead animals all the time, my cat in particular always brings me Live animals, shes brought me a pigeon, a squirrel, a plethora of lizards, and i think a vole once. BUT she has nothing on our little Siamese cat that brought us a shoe, a rubber ducky, and she digs up grubs from the back yard. We have those big shiny green fruit beetle larva and she digs them up and brings them to us, last night she brought us an earth worm too. Silly Kitty lol

The chickens managed to dig up a chain that extends under ground from our yard down the ally behind our house, we cut it after getting pretty far down the way. And they have managed to attack and eat a few finches and doves, they have eaten a few toads as well. If you want some really entertaining low maintenance pets, chickens are the way to go. I dont think most are as determined as ours.

Any one else have pet present stories?

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use to have a Crow named Lenore, raised her from a baby. She fell out of the nest and had a broken wing.

Anyways she could hop around our property during the day time and would bring up " shineys " anything that would shine; nuts, bolts, screws, tin foil pieces, nails, she even brought is a silver ring once haha. She had her little pile right up by the house and everyday there would be new items added to her collection.

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you're cats, or other dogs, are bringing you home such 'presents' then the short answer is simple - keep them home.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you're cats, or other dogs, are bringing you home such 'presents' then the short answer is simple - keep them home.
not sure the origional post was a complaint but comparing stories...

When I lived in alifornia I had a beautiful blak at I rescued named pugsley (it never stopped eating) it immediatly found a fascination in my fascination of insects and became quite a hunter bringing hme all kinds of mantids, spiders, scorpions, anything it thought I would give it a treat for.

And as a bonus there was a good hance what it brought was injured but otherwise okay! had a few keepers that way.

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
i had my cats bring me rabbits alive oh thanks just what i always wanted. they also bring toads, frogs, birds and what ever they can come up with

Chicken Farmer

Arachnosquire
almost 7 years ago, before we put him down, we had a cat who loved to bring live mice in, and let them go for us have to move everything to get it out of the house.

my chickens like to eat dead things the cats leave. they are cannibalistic. they also like to target a chicken and pick it to death once in a while. they do that and have a giant pen with lots of food and hay, and are free ranging in the afternoons.