Kong

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is Kong, my hypo pastel red tail boa. He is about 3 feet long. Picture does not do him justice. He has gorgeous pastel pink coloring. He isn't to hard to get out, but putting him back into his home is a hard thing to do. I am glad that I have this guy/girl. Really need to get him sexed. He slams frozen/thawed small rats hard. Would eventually like to get a male/female of another cool morph to breed. Enjoy!

Attachments

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
thats awesome. looks so beautiful, I been thinking lately about getting a snake, i think i might pick one up at the next reptile expo.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks. Im not huge into snakes, but they are awesome. Any idea on what kind your thinking of?

Nismo400rgtr

Arachnopeon
Very good looking snake you have there!!

I love Pastel rtb's. I have a much less exotic morph salmon female. One day I really want a sunglow....so much money though

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
Yea that snake looks so nice. I been hearing that rat snakes are great and ball pythons. I love the way black king snakes look and any snakes that look blood red. Not sure what they are saw quite a few that caught my eye.

Why do people love RTB so much? More aggressive?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thanks.i know what you mean. some of those morphs are super priced.
Very good looking snake you have there!!

I love Pastel rtb's. I have a much less exotic morph salmon female. One day I really want a sunglow....so much money though

---------- Post added 01-22-2012 at 09:39 AM ----------

thanks. well the normal black snakes we have around here, are actually black rat snakes. they are pretty well tempered for being wild. im not to big on kings. no RTB are mostly very calm and gentle. Retics on the other hand are known for being ornry. ball pythons are also very gentle.
Yea that snake looks so nice. I been hearing that rat snakes are great and ball pythons. I love the way black king snakes look and any snakes that look blood red. Not sure what they are saw quite a few that caught my eye.

Why do people love RTB so much? More aggressive?

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Attractive devil ya got there.

The prices on some morphs -- whether we're talking snakes or lizards (particularly geckos) -- just blows my mind. Saw a gorgeous leucistic ball python at a show recently. Seller wanted $1000 for it. :rolleyes: There isn't any animal I want that badly.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks.i know what you mean. some of those morphs are super priced.

---------- Post added 01-22-2012 at 09:39 AM ----------

thanks. well the normal black snakes we have around here, are actually black rat snakes. they are pretty well tempered for being wild. im not to big on kings. no RTB are mostly very calm and gentle. Retics on the other hand are known for being ornry. ball pythons are also very gentle.
WILD Retics are known for being ornry... the CB ones are usually just as calm as any ball, burm, or boa.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know what you mean. especially the crested geckos. ive never owned one, never will. they all just look kinda dumb i think.
Attractive devil ya got there.

The prices on some morphs -- whether we're talking snakes or lizards (particularly geckos) -- just blows my mind. Saw a gorgeous leucistic ball python at a show recently. Seller wanted $1000 for it. :rolleyes: There isn't any animal I want that badly.

---------- Post added 01-22-2012 at 01:45 PM ----------

didnt know that. just done alot of reading that Retics are ornry. i could have gotten a 13' albino burm at one time for 200. but im not into snakes that big.
WILD Retics are known for being ornry... the CB ones are usually just as calm as any ball, burm, or boa.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No retics got the bad rep from the wild caught ones. They are great animals as long as you respect them.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
should look into the super dwarves.. get about 6-8ft and skinnier than that boa you got lol

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gotta be careful with dwarf retics.. There's a guy online i'll hunt down who got a dwarf retic with i guess unknown lineage and after the first year and 4 extra feet of owning it, ended up being 14'....

Carpet pythons are great, If you want an undervalued snake, you could start with a young albino red blood python... Very neat little guys.. and with a single snake home you'll get to dedicate enough time to tame him up if you wanted....

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i have seen those. im just not that much into snakes. i have 4, getting 2 more soon. but that will probably be it.
should look into the super dwarves.. get about 6-8ft and skinnier than that boa you got lol

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ye gods, that is a beautiful snake! I just got a red-tail boa myself, and though she's lovely I must admit her colors don't quite measure up to Kong's.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
so far i have Kong, a ball python, and a male/female pair of albino checkered garters. soon im getting a male/female pair of Thamnophis eques obscurus (lake chapala garters)
What do you have so far?

What are the 2 you speak of?

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Beautiful boa! Makes me miss my snakes, although not so much the maintenance they require. :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
haha. you should know man.
Lake Chapala Garters? Dude those are hardcore! LOL....

---------- Post added 01-25-2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

thanks. he is very lovely. i dont really have too much maitanence. just keep the water in, and feed every two weeks. make sure the thermostat kicks on. remove poop. bout it really. although when he/she gets larger so will the poop. haha
Beautiful boa! Makes me miss my snakes, although not so much the maintenance they require. :)