Thai snake ID please

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Sorry, again no picture. The snake was about 2 feet long, a light gray-tan with uniform black speckles the entire length of it's body. Body about 3/4 thick. The head was very unusual, almost 1/3 smaller than the body, tapering to a slightly blunt point. ???

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How about Xenochrophis piscator? The pattern on this species is more checkered than speckled so it may not be a good candidate. Apparently, this species is very common.

Or what about Opisthotropis maculosus? They have a speckled pattern and quite a small head compared to the thickness of the body. This species was newly discovered in 2007 so it would be a great find!

Keep that camera on you at all times ;)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Looks like you got it, Shrike. Xenochrophis piscator as on the web page http://www.oocities.org/hkguyver/snake/136Xenpis.htm

I've seen 3 road kills of this in the past week and rescued 1. The establishing roads beside many canals is producing a terrible mortality rate among snakes and amphibians here.
Camera. I need one attached to my head. The one I have is too clunky to carry on my bike.

Last edited: