got a new leo yesterday

kanito107

Arachnosquire
so i went to the fort wayne reptile show and saw a leopard gecko, ive always wanted one so i just got it so here it is.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cute! I love leos. :) I would be interested to see some more pics of yours as (s)he grows, to see how the markings change.

kanito107

Arachnosquire
yea i can post more pics here as he grows, he is my first one an i love it, dont know the sex yet, i think they said it was about 2 months old if im not mistaken? well ill need to sex it appropriately within the next months and post pics

its awesome and calm in its cage but when i go and pick it up, it decides it wants to run up my arm , grrrr lol

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Leopards are Awesome ! What was it sold as (norm, enigma etc) ?
Mine chills on my shoulder while I do- whatever. You will like owning one ..

kanito107

Arachnosquire
If I remember correctly it was a hypo leopard gecko . Don't remember the other term that was on there.
Haha I wish this one just chilled when I pick it up. And I. Already love it :)

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It will most likely chill out as it grows . I think these guys have alot of personality, my male is super docile, my female is ferocious but tolerates me ha.
I never regretted my leos they are awesome . Hypo - low pigment of some sort, Looks cool though.

kanito107

Arachnosquire
Think it's a she . I attempted to sex it and saw no pores. It's really cool fella tho

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It might be a bit young to sex yet...was it incubated for F ?
(I prefer F anyway)

kanito107

Arachnosquire
Don't know it was with another sibling that they said was male and just got this unsexed. So is it possibly male?

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sure it's Possibly male. You know what to look for. But if it's female and you wanted another you could keep two together. . . or more.
Don't worry it will grow fast, pretty soon it will be obvious.

kanito107

Arachnosquire
Thats what I was thinking. And I already want more an knew about them living tOgether. But didn't know if it's okay to keep the same sex or different sex. I really like the Mack leopards they looks so cool

TribalExotics

Arachnopeon
Congrats on your new little leo :) They make awesome pets!

You won't be able to sex it for a little while. But telling the difference is extremely easy. Male geckos will have hemepenial buldges near the vent. Along with large visible pores:
LGsexing.jpg

As for your morph, it looks to be a Normal Lavender phase. For a leo to be considered a Hypo, it must have 10 or fewer spots on its body (excluding the head and tail). And as your gecko matures, more spots will appear depending on what temperature you're keeping it, and it's genetics.

Here is an example of color change in one of my juvi leos. She is a lavender tangerine. As you can see, when I first bought her, she could have been considered a Hypo, because she only had 3 spots. But as she matured, more spots appeared.:
colorchange1.jpg

There are some pros and cons to housing leos together, but it can be done. Not all leos get along with one another. I once placed a male and female together for breeding, and the male bit off the females tail before I could separate them. Fighting is usually minimal, but more severe injuries can occur like in my case. I have had the most success with housing multiple females together. Just make sure that when feeding them, every gecko is getting what they need. Some geckos are better hunters than others and will hog the food. So other geckos will become stressed and begin to lose weight. And of course, watch for fighting. Leos have very obvious body language. And you will also be able to see small bite marks in the skin if there's been a small fight in the night.

kanito107

Arachnosquire
Wow thanks for the reply you really know your geckos. I will update to see how he changes. I want to know more like you just told me why kind it was by looking at it. Where can I read on phorms. That tangerine looks awesome too.