Reptiles or T's?

Which bring you more happiness-keeping reptiles or tarantulas?

• Total voters

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just wanted to see everyone's answer to this question-which do you prefer, keeping reptiles or tarantulas? While tarantulas are even more fascinating than reptiles, I prefer reptiles because I've gotten more happiness out of keeping reptiles than tarantulas. So what do you all think?

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't get me wrong-I love both of them! I just love reptiles more, ya know? :p

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
I loved reptiles first and it turned into a gateway for other exotic keeping--invertebrates, avians, fish--so many choices. :biggrin:

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
I love reptiles but I've been thinking a lot lately and I really love tarantulas. There are just so many of them and they are all so unique! I'd have to choose T's, for sure. I do love them both though, just T's I love a little more. =P

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't pick between the two. However, I really appreciate the fact that tarantulas are such hassle free, low maintenance pets.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I do love reptiles alot, but its tarantulas all the way. Reptiles just take way too much time, and money.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I said reptiles and I stand by them. They are just incredible, especially venomous snakes. But I agree to the fact that you need to spend significant time and money to properly take care of them. Tarantulas (especially low humidity Ts) are seriously low maintanance.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most reptiles I've kept have barely been higher maintenance than Ts, so I enjoy both.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
posting a poll like this in the reptile sub forum is skewed, just as it would be by posting it in the tarantula forum, you appeal moe to the group you post in then the opposing (ie more reptile votes in reptile section) as some users dont frequent both. :)

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Reptiles take up a ton of room. My 3 Ts take up nothing. However I'd do anything for a snake and a turtle.

Nebulosa

Arachnopeon
I like both equally and have been keeping both herps and tarantulas for over 30 years. I feel that keeping herps and inverts in captivity enriches the lives of those that keep them as well as those that come into contact with them. For this reason, I display my animals at both of my kids schools on a regular basis (for school assemblies and after school science nights). Kids, and their parents for that matter, are greatly interested in seeing and learning more about live animals, especially those that are unusual like many of our creepy crawlies. I feel it is very important to expose the public to these animals so that people understand more about animals and understand that some people (like me and my children) truly enjoy keeping and studying them. Although it may not be everyone's cup to tea, I encourage all in this hobby to do the same. Our future generations will benefit from it more than you know and educating the public is the best way to ensure that our hobby is preserved and protected and not maligned like some, many perhaps, would like to see (i.e., the nationwide large python ban that's occuring right now).

mikem

Arachnopeon
i love both, but reptiles are my true passion. so, both are always welcome into my home!

missbizy

Arachnopeon
I'm definitely more of a reptile fan than an arachnid fan... don't get me wrong, my tarantulas and scorpions have been amazing, but it's generally easier for me to read my reptiles and bond with them much more than my arachnids. My boyfriend is actually the one who got me in to keeping those guys, but reptiles I have owned for more than 15 years now, and being that I am only 21... that's a pretty large chunk of life to give to them. And no, I wasn't the little girl who made mommy and daddy switch the lights over or scoop the poop. I took care of my reptiles on my own from day one, and just within the last two years lost my very first lizard at the ripe old age of 12. He was a bearded dragon. Awesome guy.... honestly though, I really enjoy rodents as pets as well. But yes, definitely more of a reptile/amphibian fan. I also enjoy keeping rodents.... I got my first pet rat when I was 5. He lived almost 5 years, got huge, and was very well trained. Litter box trained, knew his name, came when he was called... I almost never had him in his cage. And he didn't smell like most people think when they think of keeping rats.

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
I started with arachnids and got a pretty decent collection of them before I decided to venture out into other choices. And honestly, I really like the fact that my sweet little corn snake comes out of her hide to greet me whenever I walk into the room. None of my tarantulas have the cognitive ability to do that, unfortunately.

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You really should've put a both option. I wouldn't be able to do without either.